Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Post BREXIT
So the world as we know it didn`t come to an end post BREXIT. In fact not a lot has changed.
Trying to get a builder/fencer to do some work which will cost upwards of four figures and some. Too busy, earliest start I can get is august. Kitchen required, earliest fitting after design and manufacture is september. New boiler august again. Bona fide painter, august again. And these are the cash in hand jobs.
See no sign of any recession here in the West Country......

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Post BREXIT
Thats cos all the Poles have left Des.

We got one (female) in the family Rob plus two of her brothers over here both working as builders for my brother in law and they are all too busy at the moment.

mollag

Kipper restorer
Post BREXIT
We rented to a group of Poles for 4 years, great tennants who went on to buy their own property, wish i had as good now.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Post BREXIT
We rented to a group of Poles for 4 years, great tennants who went on to buy their own property, wish i had as good now.

Must admit we don`t have any as tenants but we know others who do and who reiterate what you are saying. Most Poles are hard workers, sometimes holding down two or thee jobs. You do get a few who are p*ssheads in the extreme and cause trouble but are far outweighed by the hard workers. Very few Poles can be accused of being in the freebie demanding camp but thats another story/argument.

mollag

Kipper restorer
Post BREXIT
From what i see in Poland, they way they are growing, I dont think it will be long until they start to return home, Poland seems to be rising, sadly we seem to be sinking.
I will have another trip to Poland soon.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Post BREXIT
From what i see in Poland, they way they are growing, I dont think it will be long until they start to return home, Poland seems to be rising, sadly we seem to be sinking.
I will have another trip to Poland soon.

I am told by the Polish side of the family that returnees to Poland are asking UK prices for their services and thereby creating a system whereby the wealthy can afford said services whilst the really poor cannot. Sound familiar ?

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Post BREXIT
You should have a trip Des, good food, good beer and not expensive. Nice peeps also.

Went there many times post Turkey Rob. A couple of times during the communist regime. Always stayed in Zakopane, Kasprowy hotel and travelled outwards from there.

Last edited:

Spurs

Spurs
Post BREXIT
I don't think its the Poles, I reckon everyone hears a foreign language a quite wrongly thinks its Poles. My car wash bods are Albanians but everyone thinks they are Poles.

Its the numbers that's created the issues.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom