paddye17

Post box in Yalikavak
Morning all - and isn't it a nice one? :dance:

Quick (non controversial!) question. Is there a post box in Yalikavak (just to bung the odd post card in)? I've seen a few in Bodrum but none locally.....

Pete&Mag

Post box in Yalikavak
I've always wondered what we do about post. Sue. You say it is near the Mosque? is it a small building.I havn't noticed it. Maybe some kind soul can put it on Wikemapia. Pete

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Post box in Yalikavak
I've always wondered what we do about post. Sue. You say it is near the Mosque? is it a small building.I havn't noticed it. Maybe some kind soul can put it on Wikemapia. Pete

Yes it is UNDER the mosque - cant miss it - big yellow sign saying PTT

Raysalaff

Just Call Me Ray !
Post box in Yalikavak
Morning all - and isn't it a nice one? :dance:

Quick (non controversial!) question. Is there a post box in Yalikavak (just to bung the odd post card in)? I've seen a few in Bodrum but none locally.....
Just as a mater of interest, it took 6 weeks for us to recieve a letter sent to us from Bodrum to Yalikavak, it then took 2 postmen to deliver it!!!(no it was not Heavy :lol: :lol:

Oh by the way, It's Under the Mosque you cant miss it BIG yellow sign says PTT !!

Last edited:

paddye17

Post box in Yalikavak
Blimey! It takes around 2 weeks for post to get from Yalikavak to London - I think you were unlucky......

paddye17

Post box in Yalikavak
Oh!!!!! Be quicker for it to be delivered by Dolmus. Or by Turkish carrier pigeon:77wu:

PS I think there's a different system for recorded delivery - two guys on a bike delivered a recorded delivery item from the bank to our house in Gerisalti, apparently it took 'em days to find our house and they'd been holding onto it for a week...

Raysalaff

Just Call Me Ray !
Post box in Yalikavak
Oh!!!!! Be quicker for it to be delivered by Dolmus. Or by Turkish carrier pigeon:77wu:

PS I think there's a different system for recorded delivery - two guys on a bike delivered a recorded delivery item from the bank to our house in Gerisalti, apparently it took 'em days to find our house and they'd been holding onto it for a week...

And Finally...We posted a letter to Ourselves when we came here 2 years ago and we are still waiting....:bored:

Pete&Mag

Post box in Yalikavak
Doesn't seem much point in sending loads of post cards back to mates in UK. You may as well wait til back ,then post them on return. How do businesses cope. You cant send everything via email? Pete

ChrisBobs

Post box in Yalikavak
They send everything by ' kargo' - courier; thats why Bodrum has all the courier companies- UPS, DHL/ Yurt ici, TNT, then national names. Now even the PTT has opened a 'kargo' division!!! hahahahaha

JML

Post box in Yalikavak
We get our post at least twice a week, and send letters to friends and family never had a problem.

Top Bottom