Tess

Positive or Negative ????
Hi all,
any of you who have gotten to know me, will I hope think I am fairly grounded and positive. I am a great believer in the Law of Attraction, a thing I am very interested in - partly due to me making some wrong calls along lifes way and another because I think a positive attitude does help.
I also feel, laughter does lighten the load. If you don't laugh another option is crying and personally I feel better laughing than crying.
I know life has dealt some a heavy burden and I do not mean in any way to belittle that.
This morning a thread started, which took a bad turn all but for the vigilence of the mods. It prompted me to post this little ditty as the person involved was in my opinion of a very negative nature and I feel perhaps that is because he/she/they are in some sort of trouble, I hope they find solace.

Law Of The Garbage Truck

One day I hopped in a taxi and we took off for the airport. We were driving in the right lane when suddenly a black car jumped out of a parking space right in front of us. My taxi driver slammed on his brakes, skidded, and missed the other car by just inches! The driver of the other car whipped his head around and started yelling at us. My taxi driver just smiled and waved at the guy. And I mean, he was really friendly. So I asked, 'Why did you just do that? This guy almost ruined your car and sent us to the hospital!' This is when my taxi driver taught me what I now call, 'The Law of the Garbage Truck.'

He explained that some people are like garbage trucks. They run around
Full of garbage, full of frustration, full of anger, and full of disappointment.
As their garbage piles up, they need a place to dump it and sometimes
They'll dump it on you. Don't take it personally.
Just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on.. Don't take their garbage
And spread it to other people at work, at home, or on the streets.
The bottom line is that successful people do not let garbage trucks take
Over their day. Life's too short to wake up in the morning with regrets,
So...Love the people who treat you right. Pray for the ones who don't.
Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it!

Have a blessed, garbage-free day!

bobthenob

Non Active Member
A nice thought there..Tess.l also go by the garbage truck theory.Once you see a human throwing some garbage at you.Pick it up in a more humane civilized way to dispose of it in the proper manner.Straight back where it came from to be incinerated,so the garbage producer will not inflict anymore garbage on others again.

l love my theory

Mirazz

Oooh Tess, this post is an omen to me lol.

At the moment I am reading "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne. A few negative things have happened to me (a lot recently :() and I am trying to change my outlook on life. The book is quite interesting, but boy, I don't think it's going to be easy to adapt overnight lol.

Life experiences have made me somewhat of a pessimist I'm afraid, but I am trying to change my outlook and give out a few more positive vibes. Any tips???? lol x

Tess

Ha, Ha, Mirazz, you are gonna have me taking classes LOL!!!!

One thing to remember about positivity .......

If you say you can, then off course you can...............however if you say you can't !!!

Nothing is impossible, for every situation there is a solution, if you search, then you will find the answer. It might not be today or tomorrow, but the answer is there, you lot are gonna think I am a quirk, but it works for me Mirazz.

Mirazz

So is that guy I gave my number to on Saturday night gonna call me do you think ; )
haha

Tess

Do you believe he will Mirazz, do you want him too!!! If you do apply the law of attraction LOL!!!!

I thought your garbage story was a good example of anger management Tess and we all should learn from it.

Tess

Yes, get you now Ian, Garbage, Recycling. Dohhh!!!! 40 something female!!!

carolk

R.I.P
A lovely post Sharon - just wish I could adhere to it lol. I get sooooo mad sometimes that I think I'll blow up! :loco:

Peaceplant

Cat mad and unashamed
You are so right. I used to be unbelievably negative and looking back particularly to my twenties I can see I brought angst and misery to my own door.

The move to becoming positive does not happen overnight. It has taken me years to develop a positive attitude and I still fall back some days. The important thing I try to do is this. Whenever you catch yourself moaning or spewing negativity imagine one of those old fashioned tape cassette players and visualise yourself hitting the stop button and rewinding. Then replace the negative phrase with a positive one or focus on counting your blessings. You have to develop a habit of positive re-phrasing until it becomes more natural to do it and life suddenly gets a lot more cheerful :lol:

Tess

Maybe you could be a phsycologist.
Great post

Ha Ha Mrs P..... Maybe I could, but no, don't think that is my vocation LOL!!!
Maybe though, could spend some more time in Tinky, hows that for psychology!!!! think I would enjoy that more :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

Tess

Everything you say Peaceplant is absolutely true. It is mainly down to positive rephrasing. I used to think - I could never do that, I could never have that, now when I feel negative I rephrase it and say to myself "How could I do that" "How could I have that" and it opens up a new outlook, instead of dismissing it entirely, it opens up the options of how could I achieve it, you start to analyse the ways you could unlock the potential, you think outside the box, you put real effort into it. Sometimes when you give it REAL thought it turns out to be a fairly straighforward procedure, but without the thought and effort you will never know.
Carolk, LOL!!!! I ain't no saint, I have my days too!!!! My family look at me sometimes like I am the Madwoman who has escaped, sometimes a little tension released does you the world of good and allows you to see things more clearly, I sometimes think I am like a pressure cooker and the valve needs to be loosened now and again, don't make us bad people, just human LOL!!!!
Positivity takes a lot of effort, because I feel most of us have negativity by nature, present day circumstances, past lives, past failures, all mainly to do with the past I feel, but you really can turn it around.
Try this - when we are feeling negative and feeling down, our head is lowered. Tilt your head back and look to the ceiling/sky keep looking up, bring your head back, it does feel a lot better!!! you really do see a bit clearer.

Kalkan regular

The Golden Girls
One of the sayings I have always tried to remember at times when people are doing or saying things that wind me up is

'Just because someone throws you a curved ball it doesn't mean you have to catch it'.

I may be unable to stop them throwing but I am capable of not catching.

Tess

If someone criticizes you, see if there is any TRUTH to what they are saying. If so, make changes; if there is no truth to the criticism, IGNORE it and live so that no one will believe the negative remark!!!!
Let your virtues speak for themselves. Make promises sparingly and keep them faithfully.

Tess

A lovely post Sharon - just wish I could adhere to it lol. I get sooooo mad sometimes that I think I'll blow up! :loco:

Carol, you are forgetting one very significant thing. I have met you, and you are one of the most positive, genuine, caring people I have ever had the pleasure to encounter. After the trials you have come through recently with your builder, I think you adhere very well to keeping positive and upbeat.

(payment in an envelope please LOL!!!)

Whoops, so sorry mods, double posting!!!!

Last edited:

carolk

R.I.P
What a lovely thing to say Sharon, thank you, as are you too despite your trials and tribulations !!!:happy:

I'll slip you money next time your here lol. :rolleyes:

Heres a positive from a negative Sharon, the supply company that was in cahoots with this builder of mine, went out of business last weekend - yiiipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! Its made my week! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom