KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Porth Emmet, Cornwall
For those Emmets out there who haven't had the chance to savour the delights of Cornwall I've posted the following link for your perusal.

Porthemmet Beach

DtB

Porth Emmet, Cornwall
Can't wait to check it out next time I'm in DownTown PastyLand...........

:thumbup:

Porth Emmet, Cornwall
I remember it very well back in the 60,s.
Its so easy to find but visitors seem to have trouble so they are planning more signs this summer.
It really like an undiscovered paradise in a beautiful part of North Cornwall and my aunt was born just up the road in Lower Trebinnock.
The pub in the village was called the " Journeys End" and did a roaring trade from tourists that had lost their way!!
I think its secludedness keeps it unspoilt really and thats its beauty and charm!!

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Porth Emmet, Cornwall
cheers terry

is that the local airfield that shows on google earth for porthemmet beach

martin

kaplumba

Porth Emmet, Cornwall
Thanks KKOB. We love that part of the world and visit several times a year. In fact we are off down there next weekend as it's lovely during the winter. There are some very good hotels doing very good deals at the moment.

kernowians

Porth Emmet, Cornwall
Strange - when we say somebody is "wisht" we mean they aren't looking very well. Different meaning entirely on the web site.
(lol)

Last edited:
Porth Emmet, Cornwall
cheers terry

is that the local airfield that shows on google earth for porthemmet beach

martin
Yep
Thats the one.
There is actually an advert re the beach on a sign at the airport.

Jane
Make sure you go visit that beach whilst you are there!!
I personally think it puts Olu Deniz in the shade!!
PM me if you need directions ok

Porth Emmet, Cornwall
You cant laugh about a CORNISH beach!!
Thats very irreverent Jane.
Just remember we have a Cornish MOD supporting us on TLF and any taking the p*** out of Kernow wont be tolerated!
Ok you can visit but be respectful and close the door on the way out !!

kaplumba

Porth Emmet, Cornwall
Now Terry you bad boy (that KKOB is bad too), I have spent more time in that Cornwall place than you have this year. I'm about to embark on my second trip in a month. I shall be applying for citizenship before Easter and I also have my own pad there. OK it is only a summer place on wheels in a farmers field but it nearly has a sea view and the facilities are only a 3 minute pelt across the field. I'm taking my naughty sis in law next week. I thought she might like to meet some of the fishermen down there (OMG she'll kill me if she reads this).

Porth Emmet, Cornwall
Full citizenship is now about 3s 6d but you can take trip to St Michaels Mount from Marazion and renew it every year.
We Cornish have helicopter pads in secluded upmarket retreats like Rock and Padstow so dont need caravans anymore!!
Many of us found that,after eating the new style Glanvilles Cornish Pasty,the 3 minute pelt across the field to the facilities wasnt quite close enough!!

Have fun me bewty!!

Last edited by a moderator:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Porth Emmet, Cornwall
Yes
The runway has just been extended to take the new A380 Airbus.
Farmer Nancarrow of St Columb sold them another of his fields and they got it cut price because there is a bit of a slope.
Great news for tourism

that slope goes down by my sisters house, hope the noise doesnt keep them awake !

martin

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Porth Emmet, Cornwall
I love Cornwall, love the beaches, love the fish n chips, love the drive down there, so glad it's 200 miles. The best thing to come out of Cornwall were the Unigate tankers.

Steve.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom