haybags

portable dvd players
hi wonder if anyone can help.im coming to bodrum for 2 weeks soon and staying in a self catering apartment.i would like to have a portable dvd player so we can watch some films.currently the cheapest one i can buy in the uk is £50.00 can you tell me is it cheaper to buy one here ( uk ) and bring an adaptor or are they cheaper or same price in bodrum? help appreciated :)

tomc1984

portable dvd players
Why buy a portable one at great expense when you can get one in Asda for about £15 these days and if the appartment has a TV just plug it into that.

portable dvd players
We have a portable dvd player and find it useful at the airport when the kids get bored, got a good deal at Asda. Useful too if you have kids as you can watch it in the car (as long as its charged up). Have a good holiday.

haybags

portable dvd players
well i did think about the normal dvd player but at least with the portable one i could use it in my car :/ so do i take it they are expensive even the normal dvd players in turkey?

portable dvd players
I was going to say the same as the others, we took a DVD player over with us £15 in Asda never had any problems with it, my son had a portable DVD he takes to watch in his room, It ok, the battery doesnt last long enough on the plane to watch a whole film but plugged in in his room it fine, not sure about a few people watching it mind the screens are quite small and you would have to be quite huddled together to watch it (obviously depends on who you are huddled with lol) again got that from Asda and think it cost about £50.

Jane

arrian

R.I.P
portable dvd players
i took my portable dvd in june, great for in the room, but in bright sunlight no good as couldn't see the screen properly and wanted to use it whilst at the pool. won't bother again.

babes123

portable dvd players
i got my dvd player in metro for 49tl didn't see any portable's there it also had a mp3 player on it and a memory card slot to watch photos as slid show

tinkycarol

5 a day inspiration!
portable dvd players
Re. portable dvd players - all the supermarkets & chains seem to have a basic one around £48/50 pound but the cheapest Tesco one was down to £38a few weeks ago. I think their brand is Tecknica (or similiar spelling). One another note their cheap stereo (around £16) recently came second in a survey (Which? magazine or similiar) beating the likes of Sony.
Buy a pair of binos while you're at it so you can see the 7" screen:hehe:
Taking mine at the weekend as I missed having abit of music last time - may need an appointment at Specsavers when I get back! Carol

littledave

littledave
portable dvd players
why not take a laptop and you can watch dvd,s and keep in touch with the outside world? just a thought

haybags

portable dvd players
just to update ...i took your advice and got a cheap dvd player from asda £17.00 so yay im all set now.thanks to everyone x

nanamo

portable dvd players
We recently took a portable DVD player and unbeknown to us our little girl had packed her lap top. Both caused great interest at the airport where both items had to be taken out of their cases and fully examined both at Gatwick and Dalaman and also on the return journey. Molly

Latest Posts

Top Bottom