alancookson

Alan and Lynne
Porridge.
Hi,
Could anyone please help me out I am trying to find out if I can buy Porridge Oats in Kippa or Migros as I normally take it with me but if I can buy it there it will save on weight.I shall be in Yalikavak from 16th May for 11 weeks.
Thankyou in anticipation. Alan

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Porridge.
Hi Alan,

Best one Ive found is 'Lifalaf' it used to be in a green box but now its an orangey colour. They do a range of cereals so you want the one that says 'Yulaf Ezmesi' - They sell it in all the main supermarkets :)

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Porridge.
Migros and Tansas stock a German brand of oats suitable for making porridge. It's usually on the same shelves as the speciality flours and muesli. Can't remember the brand name but it's labelled something like "White Oats". A bit expensive but, cheaper than paying excess baggage.

Last edited:

Gail

Porridge.
Hi Alan,

Best one Ive found is 'Lifalaf' it used to be in a green box but now its an orangey colour. They do a range of cereals so you want the one that says 'Yulaf Ezmesi' - They sell it in all the main supermarkets :)

That's the one we use, one cup of oats, one cup of milk and microwave :roundgrin

butt007

Warren
Porridge.
Well I got myself a packet of "Lifalaf" but it's not the same as say Scotts Porridge Oats, it seemed to be more,.......how can I say, more oaty somehow! It just did'nt seem to thicken up the same, but having said that it was'nt bad.
Warren

Porridge.
my god gail dont you ever cook!

the one I use is called lifalif (ylaf ezmesi) very good same as uk.

Sorry kim just looked at the last message only just in long day you know it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Porridge.
Microwave Gail? Oooo you are a modern Millie ;-) x

I add water to mine and make it in a pan - Its not boring tho cos I also add Pekmez instead of sugar, half a mashed banana, a handfull of cevis (walnuts) some chopped dried apricots, then when its all cooked (about 60 seconds!) I top it off with a dollop of suzme yoghurt!!

Mu calls it baby food, I just call it Yummy!!!

Lillylilly

Ex Altinkum Resident
Porridge.
Well I got myself a packet of "Lifalaf" but it's not the same as say Scotts Porridge Oats, it seemed to be more,.......how can I say, more oaty somehow! It just did'nt seem to thicken up the same, but having said that it was'nt bad.
Warren

I use this stuff the way I make its: 1 cup of oats - 1 cup of semi skimmed milk - 1 cup of water; whack it all in a pan bring to the boil then simmer for 5 mins.....perfect :roundgrin

p.s makes sure you stir it regulary otherwise will burn!!

JML

Porridge.
I use the same 1mug oats 1 mug milk 1 mug of water put it in the pan and let it stand for half an hour then bring to boil and simmer for about 2-3 mins top it with cream and honey this serves two lovely on a cold wet winter morning!!

Porridge.
Re: PACKS OF DOGS

Hi all, Just a short one to tell everyone with property on the same hill as Baris Sitesi they dogs are back quite a few packs of them this time not just 1. Bill & Jacky have been there since 27/4 and have not had a good nights sleep since, Lynne & Alan went on Friday.

:35:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom