Himmycats

PORK and HAM COLD CUTS
Hi,

We just came over from Turkey and we really missed Pork, Ham cold cuts and good cheese which we Europeans are used to.

Can someone please tell me if I have the wrong impression, but is it possible at all to buy PORK in Turkey, Bodrum and from where? Ham and other pork derived cold cuts.

I know Cheddar, and matured cheeses as well as Camembert cheese are not possible to find, but without PORK is difficult to stay!

tallulah

PORK and HAM COLD CUTS
Well, not sure but as Turkey is a muslim country, and muslims don't eat pork, I would'nt think it would be that easy to come by. I think most of the "ham" products are from turkeys. Don't know about the cheeses, can never find a decent cheddar type cheese out side of UK...:roundgrin Hate that process stuff they try to call cheese.

jewel

PORK and HAM COLD CUTS
Hi Himmycats, in answer to your question we have a pork world in Altinkum which does sell pork products that have been imported (a tad expensive) the nearest thing we have found to our boiled ham(cold) is Pinar Jambon, my Hubby loves it on a sandwhich.As for pork joints and chops,well not seen them to be honest but someone may come along and say they managed to get them.Of course if you have to nip to Kos for the visa run you could purchase your chops there,but not certain if customs are OK on this,although I know a few friends that do this and hav'nt had their bags searched. What I tend to do is when we are flying over I nip to iceland and get the packet pork chops which are really nice and freeze them,just befor we leave for the airport I wrap in silver foil and carrier bags and place in my case along with my 10 pkt bacon. lol jewel x

dalyansteve

PORK and HAM COLD CUTS
After a while you will find that you don't miss all these things or only marginally.
Fortunately I have friends who will bring almost anything we ask for but it is more to have something different for a change. There are outlets where you can get most of the things you crave at a price which then only limits you by finances.
If you are going to be going backwards and forwards to the UK I don't see that you will have a problem, just bring supplies with you. If you are going to live here all the time then you will just have to try Turkish products until you either get used to them or find something you like. When this happens you will find that when you go back you will really miss these products.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
PORK and HAM COLD CUTS
Well, not sure but as Turkey is a muslim country, and muslims don't eat pork, I would'nt think it would be that easy to come by. I think most of the "ham" products are from turkeys. Don't know about the cheeses, can never find a decent cheddar type cheese out side of UK...:roundgrin Hate that process stuff they try to call cheese.

I think most of the "ham" products are from turkeys.

:animation Really!!!

altinkum kev

Non Active Member
PORK and HAM COLD CUTS
pork is available all over Turkey and cheddar cheese, but only seen that in slices my friends bring my cheese have about 16 kilos to get me through till the season kicks off. must admit i go to Kos for my pork its very good quality

ceyn

PORK and HAM COLD CUTS
I buy cheddar cheese iin Kippa (tesco) find it a bit bland, but better than nothing. As for pork i must say we do not miss it a all.
There is a English shop in Bodrum called the Corner Shop Which is run by an English lady called Tracey she has a selection of english products and i know she has stock from the sausage king who was mentioned in a earlier post.(i.e sausage bacon prawns etc)
She is situated at the far end of the mariner over the hill at the end of the army camp, on the right hand side just over the speed hump.
Hope this helps.

gordie

gordie
PORK and HAM COLD CUTS
Hi
Couple of years ago İ bought a complete wild boar, shot near to Bodrum, was very nice, but it is complete. İf anyone wants İ can supply contact number, but if you don't like blood, you will have to engage my services to do it for you
Regards
Gordie

hijo

in my own clique
PORK and HAM COLD CUTS
i will be getting half a wild boar next week for 10 lira a kilo ,in my opinion far more superior to normal pork ..theres not much i can,t get here in turkey .that i can get in the uk ..but as previous posts say its far more expensive..brie camambert and danish blue i can get in kipa (tesco,s)also pasturised milk(sut dogul lezzet),smoked bacon, sausages , pork chops , gammon steaks ,prawns,cod, hienz baked beans ,hp brown sauce,i can get in porkland ..here in kusadasi., we go to samos once or twice a year ..we usually get an 7 kilo block of kerry gold cheddar ..and lurpak .and stock up with brie ..much cheaper there from lid,ls ..but i have to admit id eat a lot less of these things since moving to turkey..as most of the produce here is first class..normally for i a breakfast now it is usually a ceareal ( musseli) or a bit of turkish cheddar ,small cucumber(salati) and tomatoes ..and my pickled onions..and the lovely crusty bread you get here..:angel:

Last edited:
PORK and HAM COLD CUTS
Do not understand where they army camp is , is it down the road that follows out to the main Bodrum road where the back of Garanti Bank

janA

PORK and HAM COLD CUTS
i will be getting half a wild boar next week for 10 lira a kilo ,in my opinion far more superior to normal pork ..theres not much i can,t get here in turkey .that i can get in the uk ..but as previous posts say its far more expensive..brie camambert and danish blue i can get in kipa (tesco,s)also pasturised milk(sut dogul lezzet),smoked bacon, sausages , pork chops , gammon steaks ,prawns,cod, hienz baked beans ,hp brown sauce,i can get in porkland ..here in kusadasi., we go to samos once or twice a year ..we usually get an 7 kilo block of kerry gold cheddar ..and lurpak .and stock up with brie ..much cheaper there from lid,ls ..but i have to admit id eat a lot less of these things since moving to turkey..as most of the produce here is first class..normally for i a breakfast now it is usually a ceareal ( musseli) or a bit of turkish cheddar ,small cucumber(salati) and tomatoes ..and my pickled onions..and the lovely crusty bread you get here..:angel:

10 lira a kilo, thats expensive, we pay 5 lira a kilo in our area. Just got fresh supplies yesterday.

Sara-666

PORK and HAM COLD CUTS
I buy cheddar cheese iin Kippa (tesco) find it a bit bland, but better than nothing. As for pork i must say we do not miss it a all.
There is a English shop in Bodrum called the Corner Shop Which is run by an English lady called Tracey she has a selection of english products and i know she has stock from the sausage king who was mentioned in a earlier post.(i.e sausage bacon prawns etc)
She is situated at the far end of the mariner over the hill at the end of the army camp, on the right hand side just over the speed hump.
Hope this helps.

Army camp? Where's that? Are you talking about going from Bodrum centre towards the main road, going along past the yacht club?

Sara

sandr

New Members Stuart & Ros
PORK and HAM COLD CUTS
Sara-666

Yes just past the marina, the army camp is on the left on the corner, the Corner Shop is on the right a little further on.

jewel

PORK and HAM COLD CUTS
We had the wild boar last time we were over,and very nice too although I felt it tasted more like beef than pork (funny) .jewel x

carolk

R.I.P
PORK and HAM COLD CUTS
You can get pork chops at the cash and carry near where Akmar supermarket was on the Blvd. They have them all the time along with gammon and pork sausages.

ceyn

PORK and HAM COLD CUTS
Go along the sea front from the town centre past the yacht club the road bears right and goes uphill (there is a long white wall on the left thats the army camp). At the bottom of the hill there is a road speed hump, at that point look to the right and you will see the corner shop and a chemist. If you continue along this road it will bring you to the Garanti Bank at the Gumbet traffic lights. Hope this makes sense regards Jane

eyes

PORK and HAM COLD CUTS
If you know where the British Consulate is, the Corner shop is just before it on the right hand side of the where the consualte is on the left, a bit further up.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom