Saoirse

Poor Asylum seekers.
I remember in the 70s the Vietnamese boat people

They risked life limb and high seas to get abroad

In the North of Ireland they were offered brand new housing in a then brand new town- Craigavon . God awful place.

Within weeks most of them decided- errrm things weren't that bad/ violent/ awful back in Nam- lets go home!

True story

Bad times for them

Poor Asylum seekers.
I remember in the 70s the Vietnamese boat people

They risked life limb and high seas to get abroad

In the North of Ireland they were offered brand new housing in a then brand new town- Craigavon . God awful place.

Within weeks most of them decided- errrm things weren't that bad/ violent/ awful back in Nam- lets go home!

True story

Bad times for them
I think over the last few years Europe & Europeans have been dragged into the real world myself. Conflicts, poverty, famine etc has been somewhere else & another somewhere else has taken the brunt of mass movement of people......now its here.

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Poor Asylum seekers.
They've been paying for Afghans to live with a room and 3 meals a day at a rate of £250 A day per refugee at The Grand Hotel in Scarborough.
They take up the top two floors.
Meanwhile if you want t to stay there it's £40 per night per person.

enoch

Poor Asylum seekers.
They've been paying for Afghans to live with a room and 3 meals a day at a rate of £250 A day per refugee at The Grand Hotel in Scarborough.
Ya and they cut pensions we have to make do. What is it they say why do they want to come to the UK.

Hilsjw

Poor Asylum seekers.
Also people have been complaining that the children in the hotel have been running riot ! Also, news this morning, an illegal immigrant who arrived some years ago and living up North somewhere is charging between 10 15k Sterling for getting people across the Channel. Now, when I hear people tell me, it's poor people looking for a better life, I do wonder where 10-15k will get them in their impoverished country. I don't have 10k plus to hand to anyone. The court case continues with Mr. Big - Mr. Mohammed. I hope he gets sent back to where ever he came. No doubt he will plead his "right" to a family life - that old chestnut.

enoch

Poor Asylum seekers.
Also people have been complaining that the children in the hotel have been running riot ! Also, news this morning, an illegal immigrant who arrived some years ago and living up North somewhere is charging between 10 15k Sterling for getting people across the Channel. Now, when I hear people tell me, it's poor people looking for a better life, I do wonder where 10-15k will get them in their impoverished country. I don't have 10k plus to hand to anyone. The court case continues with Mr. Big - Mr. Mohammed. I hope he gets sent back to where ever he came. No doubt he will plead his "right" to a family life - that old chestnut.
No bother send them back as well.

Camden

Poor Asylum seekers.
I don't think many, would thank you for putting them ( migrants) in the Britannia Hotel Chain one of the worst Hotel chains using fading façade hotels known for the worst Hygiene and service according to "Which" and Trip Advisor is there no Govt Control on standards for tax payers money ?.. then again they didn't with Covid PPE so why here?

Maybe the ire should be directed at the Tory Govt for lining the pockets of their Tory donating tax dodging ex dom Alex Langsam dubbed the "Asylum King" with his many Home Office Contracts to house migrants.. in return giving poor service product at the taxpayers expense.

TripAdvisor, review Scarborough Grand hotel not so Grand attracts just 2.5 star out of five rating with guests leaving reviews describing it as "filthy, terrible and vile" in recent years.

I see his Hotels Group been awarded another HO contract to house the Army during the HGV crisis... the guy is raking it in, the 'Asylum King' now on the "Times " rich list

Last edited:

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Poor Asylum seekers.
I don't think many, would thank you for putting them ( migrants) in the Britannia Hotel Chain one of the worst Hotel chains using fading façade hotels known for the worst Hygiene and service according to "Which" and Trip Advisor is there no Govt Control on standards for tax payers money ?.. then again they didn't with Covid PPE so why here?

Maybe the ire should be directed at the Tory Govt for lining the pockets of their Tory donating tax dodging ex dom Alex Langsam dubbed the "Asylum King" with his many Home Office Contracts to house migrants.. in return giving poor service product at the taxpayers expense.

TripAdvisor, review Scarborough Grand hotel not so Grand attracts just 2.5 star out of five rating with guests leaving reviews describing it as "filthy, terrible and vile" in recent years.

I see his Hotels Group been awarded another HO contract to house the Army during the HGV crisis... the guy is raking it in, the 'Asylum King' now on the "Times " rich list

It's not about the fact that they are here. We know that and how it came about, But £250 a night per person to stay in a dump that offers accommodation to anyone else at £40? Who sanctioned that at our expense?

Camden

Poor Asylum seekers.
The self enriching Tory Government contractor Alex Langsam the "Asylum King" doesn't only house migrants on taxpayers money ... but Discards them just as quick to save money ... as seen with this Spanish migrant Alvarito Garcia and his 30 colleagues ...

Britannia Hotel...... faces furious backlash after sacking staff because of coronavirus and ordering them out of live-in accommodation 'immediately'​

'Not just fired but chucked out of their accommodation with no notice and no redundancy pay.

Bosses at the Aviemore Coylumbridge Hotel, run by Britannia Hotels, let workers know their services were "no longer required"

1-hotel1.jpg

Camden

Poor Asylum seekers.

23 life sentences for Turkish captain

The 55-year-old Turkish captain Metin Göktaş, accused of causing the death of 7 immigrant when the boat sank whilst the immigrants were offboarding. He came from Bodrum district of Muğla to Kalalimnos Island by boat, he was sentenced to 23 life imprisonments and a fine of 2 million 900 thousand.... 500 Euros.

it started in the Yalıkavak Port of Bodrum district of Muğla, on November 2017, an eight-meter-long boat with outboard cabin on which 23 immigrants, including Iraqi, Iranian, Syrian and Lebanese citizens, was boarded, sank near the island whilst trying to cross to Kalalimnos island, 7 immigrants died. The 55-year-old Bodrum captain Metin Göktaş, who was accused of causing the deaths of immigrants, after taken into custody after being rescued from the sea.

The decision was announced in the case which has lasted 4 years, at the Greek High Criminal Court in Rhodes .

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Poor Asylum seekers.

12 EU states call for toughening EU border protection​

Extract:
Twelve EU member states asked the European Commission to strengthen measures against irregular migration and financially support physical barriers at the bloc’s external borders.

The interior ministers of Austria, Bulgaria, the Greek Cypriot administration, Czech Republic, Denmark, Greece, Hungary, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, and Slovakia addressed the European Commission and the Slovenian presidency of the Council of the EU in a joint letter ahead of the meeting of home affairs ministers later on Friday.

The letter, titled Adaption of the EU legal framework to new realities, called for an update on the Schengen Border Code, the EU legislation on external and internal borders of the bloc to ensure that all outside frontiers would be “protected with maximum level of security.”

Top Bottom