panther

Pools - fines
Has anyone heard if pools aren't clean or up and running. Otherwise left septic fines can range from 1000tl - 5000tl.

nwclio

Pools - fines
I really hope this is true as next door to me leave their pool looking like a swamp for us to get eaten alive by mossies. Why should my wife and family suffer because of their "pool".
The sooner people are made to care for their pools for the whole 12 months and not just when they want to splash about the better..Also no green eyed monster comments as I dont swim in pools out of choice!

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Pools - fines
I really hope this is true as next door to me leave their pool looking like a swamp for us to get eaten alive by mossies. Why should my wife and family suffer because of their "pool".
The sooner people are made to care for their pools for the whole 12 months and not just when they want to splash about the better..Also no green eyed monster comments as I dont swim in pools out of choice!

l understand if the pool is left for the mossies to breed Steve,but what about people like me that has a pool and is left empty without any stagnant water at the bottom for the mossies to breed.l have cleaned it out and just left it,because of the price of chemicals are just to exspensive.

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Pools - fines
Bob the first statement said also if they were not clean. It's refering to swamp conditions, if yours is empty and dry how could there be a problem.

Biker Bob

nwclio

Pools - fines
If you have cleaned your pool out like I have seen at your villa Bob that is fine, no fine for you! When its a badly designed pool with nowhere for rainwater to exit in the winter and it overflows and fills the surrounding garden with stagnating water it causes a problem. Everyone who wants a pool should look into the running costs and work involved before the digger gets going as its not just the splashing in the summer its the rest of the year that matters..

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Pools - fines
But it also says it must be up and running.So does that mean the pool that ir not running but is clean of stagnant water will still be fined.
l'm confused

dalyansteve

Pools - fines
The whole design of a pool is for it to contain water. to empty your pool actualy destroys the integrity of it. The other point is if you maintain your pool throughout the year, you will save money on repairs etc. There has been a major university study into the breeding of mosquitoes. The results have proven that badly maintained pools are a major contributor to the mosquito population. These results have been sent to all tourists resorts.
One way to get around fines is to change your pool to a salt water pool and maintain it all year round. It will save a fortune in chemicals and maintenance. Ask any Australian, New Zealander or South African, they will not believe you do not have one.

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Pools - fines
The whole design of a pool is for it to contain water. to empty your pool actualy destroys the integrity of it. The other point is if you maintain your pool throughout the year, you will save money on repairs etc. There has been a major university study into the breeding of mosquitoes. The results have proven that badly maintained pools are a major contributor to the mosquito population. These results have been sent to all tourists resorts.
One way to get around fines is to change your pool to a salt water pool and maintain it all year round. It will save a fortune in chemicals and maintenance. Ask any Australian, New Zealander or South African, they will not believe you do not have one.

Don't know of anybody delivering salt water do you Steve?

Biker Bob

catweazle

Pools - fines
do the pumps seize up if left to long unused and the filter go bad.... my son is a pool engineer in the uk and he once told me they should be filled all year really to advoid probs...

dalyansteve

Pools - fines
I am going to answer both questions, firstly salt is available everywhere at about 20 kurus a kilo. With a salt water chlorinator you need about .05%. 5 Grams per litre, sea water is about 150 grams per litre.
Any engineer "worth his salt" will tell you that any engineering design is based on constant use, unless it is for a once in a lifetime when it is so overengineered it cannot fail.
Basically pumps and electric motors in constant use are less likely to fail than ones left unused all winter.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Pools - fines
Leaving a pool empty is not a good idea. The surrounding ground pressure should be equalised by the pressure of water in the pool. An empty pool can be cracked/crushed or even forced up out of the ground.

Ian

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Pools - fines
If your neighbour is away, and the pool is allowed to stagnate, do as our American cousins are doing regarding empty properties. I have read they go on covert commando missions under the cover of darkness and dump bleach and soda into offending pools. It is seen as a community minded thing to do.

Steve.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Pools - fines
I've been reliably informed that leaving water, fresh or otherwise, in a pool also lessens the risk of it cracking in the event of a tremor or quake. Apparently the water acts as a cushion and dampens the effects.

Valian

Let sleeping dogs lie
Pools - fines
Has anyone heard if pools aren't clean or up and running. Otherwise left septic fines can range from 1000tl - 5000tl.
It is certainly true in Altinkum. People we know are renting out their villa and have a small plunge pool in the back garden. This has become stagnent (and presumably a mosquito breeding ground) and the neighbours complained to the council who sent the Zabita round. The Zabita gave the renters a week to get the pool emptied and said if it was not done, they would be fined (I can't remember how much though).

panther

Pools - fines
Thanks for the confirmation of the question.

I've learnt a few extras from this topic. There must be a lot of badly designed pools when rainwater doesn't runaway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom