parrot

Political suicide
As the debacle about snouts in the trough isn't bad enough now cabinet ministers are like rats deserting a sinking ship,Blears,Smith etc.
Now we have Sir Alan Sugar coming to rescue the day,being parachuted into the lords to join Broons government.As if that isn't bad enough also being dropped into the lords to also save Britain is none other than Glenys Kinnock the Euro twats other half.As they have both been on the gravy train in Europe she will fit in well with all the other fiddlers.
What little sympathy I had for Broon has now evaporated,talk about clutching at straws,he must have been about when Kinnock (he)was the worst ever leader of the labour party,next to Michael Foot.

Last edited:

Martyn

Political suicide
Brown is finished, Labours only chance is to get a new leader otherwise they are definitely finished for another 3 terms. Snout's in the the trough, well they were all at it and would have been still at it but for the Telegraph. I think it is time for parliamentary reform. Pay them more, no outside interests and restructure with less mps.

Political suicide
It's unfortunate for Gordon that he was on watch when the expenses debacle hit the fan.

The expenses thing is that difficult to resolve. The members first home is in their Constituency. If they live more than 50 miles from Parliament then they are entitled to reasonable accommodation in London. Not luxurious because they only spend (if they attend) 4or 5 days aweek there.

The Americans have a better system pay more ,I think about 116,000 pounds and sort your living arrangements from that.

As for Glynys and Alan may your God be with you !!! Oh and plenty of gravy.

As for the proposal to pay more but reduce the numbe rof MPs is a nonsense. The MPs must be intouch with their constituency and not some remote MEP.

I think that the British electorate have accepted lies (Weapons of Mass Destruction) Theft (the annual raid on pension funds ).Laws and more laws. But the expenses is just taking the p..s.

Time for a change.

Long live the banana state!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Political suicide
its a fiasco..and the scenario of dog eating dog has been played out time after time throughout history...'the night of the long knives' when Hitler had a purge and the same phrase was used to describe Harold Macmillan purification of the Cabinet in the '60s
further back and more bloody was the assassination of Julius Caesar ..there must be a gene that these people have in common.

parrot

Political suicide
Can not believe that Mandelson is now in effect deputy prime minister,how much worse can it get.

EVELYNNE

evelynne
Political suicide
I have never voted Labour, but who would you choose to bring us through the credit crunch, i can't think of any one better than Gordon.

Perhaps I need pointing in the right direction. !

parrot

Political suicide
The guy who a long time ago forecast it would all end in tears Vince Cable,not tainted by sleaze,hasn't claimed any of the excesses the crooks have and by all accounts a real nice guy if that's possibe in politics.Maybe that's why Broon wanted him on board to help get him out of the sh1t,as he can't trust his own lot.

jimskem

Political suicide
Todays on-line Daily Telegraph mentions Gordon, he claimed £30 for a
Piper to play at an award ceremony for Veterans.He claimed this sum on his office expenses, he told the Telegraph he would have been equally happy to have paid this out of his own pocket.
Geoff Hoon, another recent abandon ship merchant, claimed almost £3,000
for personel tax advice. Obviously obtaining expert tax advice should be in
most people's interest, so long as you don't use public money to pay for it.
Caroline Flint, Hell has no fury like a right honourable scorned, as the new saying
goes, claimed £14,553 from her parlimentary expenses for solicitors fees and
stamp duty for her London flat.
I propose Richard Branson for Prime Minister, Ken Dodd for Chancellor, and
every M.P. be replaced by an ex Gurkha.
Read today's on-line Telegraph. This newspaper said last week they have a team of 45 journalists working on the M.P.s story, making sure they check their facts before printing.
Will the last person to leave the country turn out the lights.

Political suicide
Will the last person to leave the country turn out the lights.

Jim i think the lights have been out for a long time and they're knocking everything over in the dark.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Political suicide
Amazingly, so many people have kept their powder dry re David Cameron, guy is seriously wealthy as is his wife, did they really need to claim tens of thousands they did, they really do not need it. I fear for the Camerons that the media is waiting until they can do real damage.

Regard less of political affiliation i cannot believe any one from any party entered the field of politics out of avarice.

Interestingly it was remarked today in The Times " is there any end to Mr. Sugar's political ability, is there any beginning ".

Steve.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom