bal canavar

“Je suis l'humanité.”
Political correctness quotes
I hope he comes back soon, the forum won't be the same without old Kibby.

I agree...... but its ok we still have D.A. ... I think it was an "ides of march" Putsch by his fellow ultra rightists.

He was giving them and the ultra right thinking a bad name by showing how shallow and stupid there arguement really is......

come back soon Kibby .................:loony:

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
In reality being truly pc simply entails showing care thought and consideration for others who may be different.

Sadly the reason many opt to mock pc is because they lack those qualities

As long as it doesn`t cost PCers personally Philip. Being PC is usually a sign of two facedness......:clap:

Saoirse

Sort of know what you mean but I still maintain those most vocal against any outreach to those who are different are in the main self centred bigots

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Sort of know what you mean but I still maintain those most vocal against any outreach to those who are different are in the main self centred bigots

Or tell the truth as they feel rather than pretending otherwise.

Saoirse

Well if they are bigoted in their views well yes they may as well try and be honest

mollag

Kipper restorer
If you haven`t had a daisy chain Philip you haven`t lived. Ask Mollaq who will tell you any more than four in a daisy chain is commonly known as a flock.

You dont want to be daisy chaining with Manx sheep Des.
n1f21i.jpg

Personally, I would never use the word Xmas (except here now!). I absolutely detest shortening of any word, although I do accept etc., Mr. And Mrs., but abhor the current Ms. How pretentious can you get? I do not like names being shortened either and for this reason called my son Mark.

I would never use the “shortened” form of Christmas. Although this is not through any religious zeal. I regard this as laziness and just corruption of the English language.

Incidentally, I see that as a nod to this so-called political correctness, many people (including television personalities), are now referring to the coming celebration as a Holiday, wishing people a Happy Holiday, using capital letters.

I regard this as iniquitous and indifferent – not political correctness. I know this is perceived as the right thing to do in order not to upset the various ethnic minorities who may “take offence”! How far backwards is this country prepared to bend? Until we have large lumps on the back of our heads?

When in Rome……. Comes to mind.

Maisie

Why is abbreviation such a long word?

Kingfisher

Holidays are called "holidays" by Americans as they have Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year all nearly at the same time. What we call holidays, they call vacations

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
I got a feeling about political correctness. I hate it. It causes us to lie silently instead of saying what we think.

Hal Holbrook

Latest Posts

Top Bottom