Poland/ Russia Row.
BBC News - Poland-Russia row sours Auschwitz commemoration
It would be a shame if a political row was to spoil this day, which should be all about the survivors of Auschwitz.

Bill - just read a book about Poland 1930 - 2010. I was left with the view that if I were a Pole, I would detest the Russians ( and would have residual strong feelings that my country had been really shafted and let down by so called allies during the war years and after. We talk about stalwarts like Churchill and De Gaulle but the bravery and resistance of the Poles ( in Poland and in exile) was truly admirable and often underestimated ( I include myself in that group).

Firefox

Jesus Loves You
Poland/ Russia Row.
I think it’s time to Say it’s all water under the bridge now. A moment in the history of the world out of 100s of similar blemishes.

Forget about it and Move ON.

Last edited:

Jaycey

African Refugee
Top Poster Of Month
Poland/ Russia Row.
I think it’s time to Say it’s all water under the bridge now. A moment in the history of the world out of 100s of similar blemishes that.

The murder of 1,000,000 Jews a blemish?

History has a nasty habit of repeating itself. Remember the 12 million dead in the Holomodor – another Russian ‘blemish’?.

Leopards, spots etc - terrorists should be treated as terrorists.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Poland/ Russia Row.

History has a nasty habit of repeating itself. Remember the 12 million dead in the Holomodor – another Russian ‘blemish’?.

That would be a selective moment in history when the jews were on the receiving end Jaycey. Very different now the boot is on the other foot....

JanetClarke

JanetClarke
Poland/ Russia Row.
Bill - just read a book about Poland 1930 - 2010. I was left with the view that if I were a Pole, I would detest the Russians ( and would have residual strong feelings that my country had been really shafted and let down by so called allies during the war years and after. We talk about stalwarts like Churchill and De Gaulle but the bravery and resistance of the Poles ( in Poland and in exile) was truly admirable and often underestimated ( I include myself in that group).
I agree completely.
We would not have won the Battle of Britain without them I fear.

Firefox

Jesus Loves You
Poland/ Russia Row.

Everybody remembers when when white people die
No body remembers when Black people are Massacred in the 10s of Millions.

Do All Ya even know about The Butcher of Congo: King Leopold II of Belgium.

Bill & June

Dreaming of Akbuk
Poland/ Russia Row.
I agree completely.
We would not have won the Battle of Britain without them I fear.

Janet,
I think that we should also give thanks for the South African and Czech pilots and many other nationalities who took part in the Battle of Britain, although I agree that the Polish pilots played a great roll in that Battle. We in the UK owe a great debt of gratitude to all those brave people. Churchill was absolutely right when he said "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few"

Bill.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Top Poster Of Month
Poland/ Russia Row.
Everybody remembers when when white people die
No body remembers when Black people are Massacred in the 10s of Millions.

Do All Ya even know about The Butcher of Congo: King Leopold II of Belgium.

That was a while ago, I seem to remember someone saying ..

I think it’s time to Say it’s all water under the bridge now. A moment in the history of the world out of 100s of similar blemishes.

These days it’s Blacks killing Whites (in SA) and Black genocide on other Blacks.

Sorry :focus:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Poland/ Russia Row.
Janet,
I think that we should also give thanks for the South African and Czech pilots and many other nationalities who took part in the Battle of Britain, although I agree that the Polish pilots played a great roll in that Battle. We in the UK owe a great debt of gratitude to all those brave people. Churchill was absolutely right when he said "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few"

Bill.

And of course the few may have been more had Bomber command got the recognition it deserved.

Martin

bigalant

Poland/ Russia Row.
It's hard to imagine that if hitler had won we would have had concentration camps in the UK .
Today of all days we are only guilty of winning and changing a terrible direction of history for the better .
We had a leader who stopped Germany winning every battle .
So inspired by many even Checks ,Poles and others flocked here to defend the last bastion of freedom .

We have an Iranian " so he says ". Who doesn't respect this but he says he lives here .
He speaks with a quality that others may judge but he seems to me to speak hatred of all the things he accepts .
That seems odd to me .

Today's moving reflections of what bad people can do if allowed is a reminder of the shear beauty of freedom .

Today I am proud and thankful we gave shelter to so many .

Those who spoke today about their families being destroyed in front of them know the real value of freedom a far cry from those who have no respect for living in freedom even if it has flaws .

Last edited:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Poland/ Russia Row.
It's hard to imagine that if hitler had won we would have had concentration camps in the UK .
Today of all days we are only guilty of winning and changing a terrible direction of history for the better .
We had a leader who stopped Germany winning every battle .
So inspired by many even Checks ,Poles and others flocked here to defend the last bastion of freedom .

We have an Iranian " so he says ". Who doesn't respect this but he says he lives here .
He speaks with a quality that others may judge but he seems to me to speak hatred of all the things he accepts .
That seems odd to me .

Today's moving reflections of what bad people can do is a reminder of the shear beauty of freedom .

Today I am proud and thankful,we gave shelter to so many .

The irony being the US and the UK were using concentration camps up to 100 years before the Germans, so perhaps not so hard to imagine.

Martin

TCJ

Poland/ Russia Row.
The use of the term "concentration camp" may mislead us here. It might suggest "internment camps" or "labour camps" where people were treated cruelly and many died. Auschwitz was a mass extermination "death camp" designed as a cost-effective machine for killing people.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom