mollag

Kipper restorer
poached egg
A nice method, cheers! I tried it but I needed to microwave for 90 seconds, this is likely to the very cold temp of our tap water. :clap:

bickern

poached egg
A nice method, cheers! I tried it but I needed to microwave for 90 seconds, this is likely to the very cold temp of our tap water. :clap:

Or more likely you're a cheapskate Mollag and bought a poor quality microwave.

Strangely mine took 10 mins.

mollag

Kipper restorer
poached egg
LOL, Cheapskate? Moi? surely some mistake!, I did measure the water at half a cup, container at four and half inches, but our tap water is çok soğuk, cold as a mother in laws heart!
It's one thing I miss when in Turkey is Manx water in winter, better than wine!.

tintagel

poached egg
Me to! But I should have watched the link Esb put on first though! :thumbup:

It was very much trial & error, the type of micro also needs to be factored in - but I 'think', I too have cracked it now ;)

2 eggs (broken yokes) didn't make it to bowl... now in a jar in the fridge waiting for me decided whether I turn them into scrambled or omelette's tomorrow ;)

1 egg must have found the temperature too hot when I decided to pop it in for another 10 secs - it Jumped out of the bowl :boom: :hurt: :dooh:

I finally managed to get 2 (acceptable specimens) on my toast lol. Most fun I've had cooking eggs, been laughing my head off, cheers Christella :)

Just as well I'm going shopping in a bit, have to add more eggs to my list now :happy:

Akasya

Postless Pointer
poached egg
Brilliant idea with the toast , who would think of that , then to cap it all salt and pepper , before consumption , tres marveilleux....

Think i would drain the egg of water before drowning the toast.

Great tip though.

Steve

Latest Posts

Top Bottom