peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Please help...Old moped desperately wanted!!!
I'm having a hell of a time trying to buy an old sports moped circa 1970's to restore.
I thought I'd put an appeal on here just in case anyone knows, or has any old wrecks anywhere?

It doesnt matter what condition it is in, I'm buying to restore over a few years so will consider anything you might know of.

So, is there an old moped rusting away in your shed or garage? .. Or do you have a workmate or neighbour that trundles up to work on a banger?
Please take a few moments to have a think about it. There are still old mopeds out there.

I am looking for a Yamaha FS1E if possible, but will also go for the following.. Honda SS50, Garelli Tiger Cross, Garelli Rekord, Suzuki AP50.

Yours in desperation, PTP :(

juco

You could:-
1. Put an advert in gumtree (free)
2. Contact the VJMC (vintage japanese motorcycle club)
3. check ebay

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Iv'e done two of those Juco. Too many dealers are getting involved on Ebay and are pricing genuine people like myself way out of the market.

I'll try Gumtree though. Thanks for that :)

Hi Peter have you looked on e-bay?, I am always looking out for a Suzuki T125 (Stinger), there are a few 70's on at the moment.
A PUCH VZ50 item no 220429309645 (enter this number in the search field),
A Gilera Trails (1975) item no 270403848187
There are few FS1E's and Honda SS50's.
Fantic 6 speed (had 1 of these myself fast) moped (buy 1 get 1 free) Item no 300320389950
A very rare Fantic Chopper (fetch good money when restored) item no 260424688510,

Hope this helps as I am sure there are many more:
Griff

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Thanks Griff. Yes Ebay was my first port of call, but as I said earlier the dealers are all over the place and the prices are silly.

akbukowl

Thanks Griff. Yes Ebay was my first port of call, but as I said earlier the dealers are all over the place and the prices are silly.

did you manage to contact Bryan ,he is well into vintage motorcycle ,i am sure he will be able to point you in the right direction.
Malc

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
got an 1976 xs 500 dohc thats ripe for restoration if you fancy something bigger ! my yam fs1e did 75mph what did yours do ?

martin

gerald

As an aside I am amazed at the number of and quality(both good and downright dangerous) of Jawa mopeds and bikes I see in Turkey.

I was speaking to one young lad who said that the 50 +yr old Manet 90 he was riding had been owned by over 20 of his family down through the generations. Apparently spares are available!

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
did you manage to contact Bryan ,he is well into vintage motorcycle ,i am sure he will be able to point you in the right direction.
Malc

Yes I did mate, and he's going to keep an eye out for me at the auctions he goes to. Many thanks :)

my yam fs1e did 75mph what did yours do ?

martin

2 possibilities here, either you had the big bore kit fitted, or you were only 4 stone wet through & going down a very steep hill with the wind behind you lol!

My FS1E did around 55mph, but my mates Garelli Tiger cross was RAPID! .. he left many fizzies & Suzuki GP50's for dead.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
If Jasper Carrot is a member you might be in luck.
Steve.

tomc1984

Got an old lawnmower and a bike if you are good at DIY! Good luck with your hunt. Have you tried freecycle, no pun intended.

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Come to daddy! .. Not as early a model as I was looking for, but I have struck a deal for this neglected old beauty :becky:

Still looking for an earlier model though, so keep those eyes peeled :)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom