cally

Please can someone help
We are due to get our tapu from our developer next week but he wants us to pay £1500 in unpaid maintenance fees. Fair enough apart from the fact we believe no maintenance has been done. The security guy is no longer there, we believe the pool has not been filled so he has not actually had to pay out anything.
We would really appreciate it if someone has the time to pop along there and see what the place actually looks like and if there is anyone there to ask what has been done. Also if there is any chance of a photo or two, we would be eternally grateful!
We think he is not going to hand over the deeds unless we pay this money - he was late with finishing the place so, according to the contract, we shouldn't owe him anything. But, as usual, foreigner's contracts are not worth the paper they are written on.
Sorry for the rant, am just sick of this all at the moment.
Cally

cally

Please can someone help
Yes, sorry should have said! On the way to Gumusluk from Yali near the Dilek market. If anyone could help, I can send more detailed directions via a PM.
Thanks.

PASH

Please can someone help
We had a similar situation, we arrived at the title office for exchange and the developer then said he would not transfer unless we paid 4200 YTL for unpaid maintenance. We were shocked as its not the sort of money you have on your hip! We calculated that we were due somewhat less than half and even that was disputed for the same reasons as yourself. Frankly, it was yet another form of extortion and i phoned my lawyer who was there in person within 10 minutes, he paid the full amount for us and made the developer sign a receipt saying that we disputed the amount but were blackmailed into it otherwise we would not get our titles. Job done, titles in hand, the lawyer then went to the court and got a court order demanding the fees were returned - which they were within one week. The moral of my story is, get the Tapu no matter what (within reason) then start the good fight from a position of strength.

cally

Please can someone help
Pash - thanks for that. As a matter of interest how much did your solicitor charge you for taking the matter to court?

PASH

Please can someone help
I am not quite sure off the top of my head as he was doing some work on other properties we have but i recall it being fairly minimal. It was not a long process as it was recovered within the week. It did help that the site maintenance was being run illegally as there had been no AGM, appointed chairman, etc. The short answer is i cannot remember but if you have a good lawyer, i am sure he will not charge too much. I believe the charge should be 10% minimum to a maximum of 20% of the disputed claim

cally

Please can someone help
Thanks for the advice. Is there anyone local there who has some time to spare to nip along?

D

Deleted member 13863

Please can someone help
Good luck with your tapu, Pash has offered some very sound advise.

Hope things go well for you.

jolo

cally

Please can someone help
Thanks! Will do that but would still appreciate some photographic evidence would help our case to show that nothing has been done, before we go out there.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom