Question for you

enoch

Planning permission and renovations in Turkey
Kanga is right no signature on a contract no proof. I had a similar problem with a solicitor I seen him for 10 minutes. I said I would think about it he wanted 8000 euros, I phoned him and said no thank you and he demanded 500 euros for his time just drop it off at the office. He kept phoning where is the money I said no money is coming, answer was I will see you in court. My reply was OK never heard a thing after that.

Lugans

Hi all
I'm new to this so forgive any obvious errors. It's a longshot I'm sure but would anybody have any experience or info on planning permits/permission and renovating an existing house?
How likely would one be to have to demolish the walls built to close a balcony if a complaint was made to the authorities and it transpired no permission was sought for the works?
Tks in advance
I know of many who built or changed property, without permission and had to demolish and clear away debris and put back as was.
It's just not tolerated tbh. Takes one complaint and enforcement starts almost instantly.
Don't forget that even if a complaint isn't made, later on, when selling or wanting to something else changes can rear their head.
Always best to abide by the rules and get permission.

Lugans

Kanga is right no signature on a contract no proof. I had a similar problem with a solicitor I seen him for 10 minutes. I said I would think about it he wanted 8000 euros, I phoned him and said no thank you and he demanded 500 euros for his time just drop it off at the office. He kept phoning where is the money I said no money is coming, answer was I will see you in court. My reply was OK never heard a thing after that.
Threats of court so often made but it can be costly and the loser pays all. I reckon 500 euros for 10 mins would probably be deemed as excessive and if nothing was signed for then nothing as proof.
Good replies on here 👍

Bramidan

How about adopting the Turkish approach. Do nothing, make a few spurious excuses, mutter "Yaren" and see what happens.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom