Chichi

Places to go to
Hi!

I've been living in Antalya for about one and a half years now,
but I'm still always looking for places to go to.

Does anyone have tips on where to go to?

Somewhere romantic, adventurous, ... doens't matter.

Andy

Places to go to
When i'm in Alanya we always drive for hours into the mountains Chichi there are the most fantastic views you'll ever see.

Have you been to Perge & Side ?

Chichi

Places to go to
Thanks for the reply Andy!

Alanya is quite far away from here,
but I've got mountains enough where I live! :smile:

Maybe one day I'll go visit Alanya,
to visit the restaurants of other expats.
I do miss the European kitchen sometimes.

And no, I haven't been to Side and Perge yet.

val2661

Places to go to
Manavgat is nice, especially the Waterfalls. Perge and Side are not too far from you either. The bus journey into Alanya is only 14tl one way and well worth a visit, you just catch a bus from the main Otagar. The Castle in Alanya gives views for miles.

Val

Chichi

Places to go to
Thank you Val!

I've got a sister still living in Belgium
and when she comes we always like to take her places,
so thank you for the great ideas.

How about visiting these places in the summer?
Good idea or not?

val2661

Places to go to
Thank you Val!

I've got a sister still living in Belgium
and when she comes we always like to take her places,
so thank you for the great ideas.

How about visiting these places in the summer?
Good idea or not?
All of the places are ok to visit in Summer although the Waterfalls at Manavgat get very crowded. You can also get a ferry to Northern Cyprus from the Harbour in Alanya, although as the ferries do not run daily, the trip is for 3 days.

Val

Places to go to
have you been to Dudem falls yet or Kursunlu falls..these are beautiful places to visit with good facilites for visitors. At this time of the year a drive up to Saklıkent ski centre make a nice day out.
Termessos is must visit place..''city in the clouds' and not far from Antalya..Side Perge Apendos are within easy reach..im taking it for granted that you have browsed the old harbour area in Antalya ?
On the İsparta road you can visit Sagalassos another ancient city in a mountain setting which is being excavated every year... this is not as breathtaking as Termessos which has not had any excavations carried out.
Also the İsparta area is a nice base to explore the lakes in that area.
As Val has mentioned Manavgat is a nice day out and easy to get to...likewise Side Perge and Aspendos..and of course Alanya ..known to the Greeks as Kolonoros meaning beautiful mountain because of the peninsula.
On the other side of Antalya there are also some really attractive places for a day trip
Çıralı Phaselis and Olympos are particularly worth visiting.

Chichi

Places to go to
have you been to Dudem falls yet or Kursunlu falls..these are beautiful places to visit with good facilites for visitors. At this time of the year a drive up to Saklıkent ski centre make a nice day out.
Termessos is must visit place..''city in the clouds' and not far from Antalya..Side Perge Apendos are within easy reach..im taking it for granted that you have browsed the old harbour area in Antalya ?
On the İsparta road you can visit Sagalassos another ancient city in a mountain setting which is being excavated every year... this is not as breathtaking as Termessos which has not had any excavations carried out.
Also the İsparta area is a nice base to explore the lakes in that area.
As Val has mentioned Manavgat is a nice day out and easy to get to...likewise Side Perge and Aspendos..and of course Alanya ..known to the Greeks as Kolonoros meaning beautiful mountain because of the peninsula.
On the other side of Antalya there are also some really attractive places for a day trip
Çıralı Phaselis and Olympos are particularly worth visiting.

Wow, Shirleyann, that's a bunch of information, thanks!

Yes indeed, I have been to the falls and the old harbor. Both were gorgeous and the falls were a nice refreshment in the summer.

Skiing is not really my thing, way to cold! :smile:

When the weather becomes a little bit better,
I'll be sure to try out many of the places you have mentioned,
they all sound like really nice things to do with the whole family.

garrym

Efendi
Places to go to
hi, I would reccommend a trip a trip to olympus (all my friends and famly are in love with the place, historic and its beach) also just next to it is the mountain that naturally belches fire out of itself (you need to clime alot of steps to get to it). It takes about 35 mins to get to olympus from Antalya. Also nearby is the Tahatli telephric which takes you fom outside of Kemmer to the top of the Tahatli mountain, mega I'm told(have not been up myself as yet.

Also, in the oppersite direction, past Aspendos is a fantastic cave system (like wooky hole but better!)

Hope this is helpful

Latest Posts

Top Bottom