Jaycey

African Refugee
Pictures Corner
Apologies for the earlier typo - It is a BILLION Pounds per year, not million. It's been corrected.
I'm only surprised that the US is paying in GBP and not in USD.

And pics of lakes are two a penny these days - but a pic of two hippos copulating in a treetop would be interesting.

But thanks for the thought.

Mushroom

Pictures Corner
I'm only surprised that the US is paying in GBP and not in USD.

And pics of lakes are two a penny these days - but a pic of two hippos copulating in a treetop would be interesting.

But thanks for the thought.
The lake was irrelevant. The almost completely demolished former power station in the background was more poignant. As was the non working wind turbine. My afternoon out told a story of how we are in an energy crisis.

Camden

Pictures Corner

ml76ewgb-720.jpg

Turkish artist transforms waste collected at Istanbul Airport into artworks​

A Turkish artist has transformed a wide range of waste materials collected at Istanbul Airport into artworks.
The waste materials altered by artist Deniz Sagdic included various plastic containers and bags, numerous buttons of all colors, paper pieces, cables, and batteries abandoned by people at the airport.
Mrs Sagdic completed 20 portraits with characteristics of various nationalities by using these wastes collected by Istanbul Airport’s Waste Management Center.
The pieces were put on display by Istanbul Airport in line with the management’s dedication to reserving more space for innovative art at the terminal.
video link gives a better idea of her work ..

Mushroom

Pictures Corner
As said I’m not really into representational art - give me Kandinski or Dali any time.

................................................... View attachment 25817

I prefer a picture that stimulates rather than relaxes, nothing very stimulating about a cow in a field.
Each to their own but I have had 'techicolour yawns' that were more stimulating than that example.
I remember when Dali was burgled but had seen the burglar. The Police asked him if he could provide a sketch to assist and based on his efforts went out and arrested a dustbin lid and a sardine 🌝
I am from the home town of Henry Moore.
What was he on?

Jaycey

African Refugee
Pictures Corner
Each to their own but I have had 'techicolour yawns' that were more stimulating than that example.
I remember when Dali was burgled but had seen the burglar. The Police asked him if he could provide a sketch to assist and based on his efforts went out and arrested a dustbin lid and a sardine 🌝
I am from the home town of Henry Moore.
What was he on?
Probably marijuana - it stimulates the imagination, IMO opinion everyone should try it once in a while :)
All great artists were somewhat cuckoo.
Copying/painting a cow in a field or a bowl of flowers doesn't require a great deal of imagination or a need to cut off an ear.
Paintings by Kandinsky & Dali have been copied/forged endlessly but Rembrandt, Constable etc ??

Mushroom

Pictures Corner
Probably marijuana - it stimulates the imagination, IMO opinion everyone should try it once in a while :)
All great artists were somewhat cuckoo.
Copying/painting a cow in a field or a bowl of flowers doesn't require a great deal of imagination or a need to cut off an ear.
Paintings by Kandinsky & Dali have been copied/forged endlessly but Rembrandt, Constable etc ??
I will stick to mainlining Bovril and eating banana skins then.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Top Poster Of Month
Pictures Corner
Not one of mine, this is a Shirley Baker, well worth a Google, also not sure this one has been colourised, Nevertheless it was my era.
FB_IMG_1642966778467.jpg

A taste of Shirley Baker, so much of this is around my upbringing era as said.

Last edited:

enoch

Pictures Corner
Not one of mine, this is a Shirley Baker, well worth a Google, also not sure this one has been colourised, Nevertheless it was my era.
View attachment 25965

A taste of Shirley Baker, so much of this is around my upbringing era as said.
The young today think they have a bad time, I don't think they could have coped with the 60s

Kanga

Pictures Corner
I went to junior school in an area like that, bomb site up the road and a corner shop that was like something out of Dickens. People bought sterilised milk in those tall bottles with a metal cap because they didn't have fridges. We used to have tanks rumble down the street past the classroom sometimes, and the bread was delivered from a horse and cart. I was told off for playing football because it wasn't 'ladylike'. Those were the 50's in the Black Country.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom