Terry

Picture phone problem
Just picked up a Nokia 2730 classic on special price in the UK and it worked fine there. Now I am in Turkey I can send thru Turkcell the roaming operator on my Orange network (UK) a picture message to O2 network and Orange network but, for some reason I cannot receive a pic message back from the UK.I have spoken at length with Orange and they thought they could fix it but to no avail. Has anyone else had a problem like this????
Worse still, when somebody semds me a pic it seems to lock my phone to sending or receiving any kind of message but I am able to call still. I then enlist the help of a local guy to clear it to work again on messaging. HELP appreciated.
I have been into town here in Turkey and the local operator was stumped also

dalid69

Picture phone problem
You might find that the turkish government is blocking your picture messages as they censor the internet too,i know many people who cannot send or recieve picture messages.

Paul

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Picture phone problem
sometimes i can send picture messages off my uk vodafone when roaming on the turkcell network, other times i cant, no idea why

martin

Terry

Picture phone problem
Thank you for your replies. So it does seem to be a problem related to censorship and I am not the only one at least. Very strange situation. I wonder if there are many other countries that block holiday makers from getting their pics whilst away.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom