v6cod

Living in Okcular
Pics to make you go aaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
DSC_0817cropped.jpg

DSC_0828cropped.jpg

Both taken this morning at the nest box in my garden.

Currently I have two fledglings on the ground the parents are still feeding them. I have spoken to a friend who runs a wildlife ambulance and he has advised me to leave them be as this is totally natural. As the young get bigger there is not enough room in the nest so they will come out for a day or so before flying away.

That is if a cat doesn't find them, but if I see one it will get a size 10 up the jacksy.

We have had blackbirds nesting in our garden and have spent hours watching the parent birds feeding the young ones in the evenings. The young ones would hide(or so they thought) among some bushes waiting for mum or dad to come along with a tasty snack. After a few days only dad was feeding them. We wondered if perhaps mum was sitting on another batch of eggs. Dad ran himself ragged feeding 2 fledglings. But by now he was feeding them from things found in our garedn, the babies following, watching and learning. It was lovely to watch and they became quite tolerant of us being in the garden at the same time too. Such a priviledge.

Harem

I've cliqued
Aw, c'mon Gren you don't need a shotgun for something that tiny - an air rifle will do!!!!!!!!

John they are fantastic pictures. We had sparrows nesting in an earthenware pot hanging on our wall and next door the sparrows nest in a couple of pipes inside the wall. We have to be doubly vigilant when the fledglings appear because of our cats and also the jays (and some other large crowlike bird, turquoise in colour) who will rob the nests.

gren

Aw, c'mon Gren you don't need a shotgun for something that tiny - an air rifle will do!!!!!!!!

Good point Harem.
In this financial climate one should kerb ones expediture!
:p

Lesley T

Those photos are absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much for posting them! The little one in the close up looks a right little bruiser doesn't he?

kale

brill pictures everyone,:bigkiss: they are all just gorgeous,Watched a house programe the other day and they had their childrens pictures put on to a roller blind
very impressive . Don,t no the cost.Suppose you could have it
put on to a plate to hang on the wall would look good, or a birthday cake ( then dont eat it) done that but didn,t want to cut it up)
thanks kale,

Latest Posts

Top Bottom