peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Pics of new ferry terminal landscaping
Well I just got back after a flying visit to Altinkum. I managed to snap a few pics of the new ferry area The landscaping, and numerous newly planted palm tree's look very promising.

Last edited:
Hi Pete,
Thanks for the latest pics of the Altinkum ferry port. Looks like good progress being made.Any news about when trips to Kos, Samos etc are due to commence? Much appreciate your response.

i dont know Altinkum..but the pics look like theres some nice planning once things grow
Where do the ferries go to from there?
youve twisted my virtual arm into a response..
bring back the pink and yellow!!

Just back today and the talk is that the new ferry service will start next week, but have not seen any written evidence.

sharon

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
According to voices online the ferry is due to begin services on June 10th.

And bro & myself are back Shirl :)

Harem

I've cliqued
Glad to see you and your brother back. Maggie will be so thrilled when she gets back. Can you please refresh me on which one is which. Thanks.

EMEL

Now living in Akyarlar.
Doesn't look like much to me. We shall see. Maybe we will use the ferry to Istanbul from time to time. Who knows. I would like to see the new ferry boat actually.

jcrian

EMEL said:
Doesn't look like much to me. We shall see. Maybe we will use the ferry to Istanbul from time to time. Who knows. I would like to see the new ferry boat actually.

ferrydc1.jpg

Well from my view looking directly out at the harbour I can give the latest update! The car park will be, less intrusively, on the unused ground in front of the pine forest / close to the luna park. I'm glad to say the council is rushing to finish off the harbour area and hopefully it will indeed live up to its promise - although they are having a few difficulties accommodating steps down to the tour boats that they forgot to accommodate in their plans before! Oops.... Anyway its promise is landscaped gardens, palm trees, a new cafe & of course the customs house - much nicer to look at than a car park that's for sure!
As for the Greece ferryboat it is still scheduled to start around 10th June apparently - but the Bodrum ferryboat is already up & running so even if you're packing for your trip tomorrow you can still get across to Greece by sea :) Not sure where its destinations will be but as soon as I find out I'll post it on here - unless someone else gets there first!

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Harem said:
Glad to see you and your brother back. Maggie will be so thrilled when she gets back. Can you please refresh me on which one is which. Thanks.

Sure, I'm the good looking one of the two.

EMEL said:
Maybe we will use the ferry to Istanbul from time to time.

Erm.... what ferry to istanbul? :der:

Last edited:
They really are trying to complete this at speed as when I was there at Easter it wasn't even started and having just come back again yesterday I was really impressed with the area.

I didn't get to third beach though to see the breakwater under construction!

ahhh...i can sleep easily..the world is back to its normal colours..reminds me
pink blancmange we had for school dinners many years ago...happy days.

thanks for being reasonable Pete :)

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom