Pete&Mag

Pickpockets in Yalikavak
Just a quick notice to people in Yali. Some friends of ours ,sraying at our apartment in Yalikavak,had a wallet stolen in Yalikavak market. He was sure it was secure in a vecro fixed pocket on his trousers. Two women bumped in to him in the market. Even though it was not his fault,he apologised and laughed the incident off. He saw 3 wome walking away from him. 10 minutes later, he looked for his wallet and it was gone. He said the Police were very helpful,but could do little. Please be careful . Peter

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Pickpockets in Yalikavak
Sorry to hear of your friend losing his wallet Pete, there was something similar reported earlier in the season, it really does make you feel sick. When we were there in July, we went into the Market, and I didn't feel comfortable in there as it was so packed, we ended up just walking straight through and heading back into the village. It's been happening here in our town where there are two guys walking in opposite directions, one bumps into the person whilst the other takes what they can, it is a sad sign of the times we are living in. I would rather give money away than have it stolen, or it can happen, lose it.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Pickpockets in Yalikavak
Thanks for that guys. We are always very careful in the markets and even in the supermarkets.

biggles

biggles
Pickpockets in Yalikavak
my money is in a money belt tucked in my underpants ,that way if they take it i get cheap thrill. LOL

Pickpockets in Yalikavak
I was in a department store looking at mothers day cards, it was a very busy saturday lunch time, a young man walked past me smacking my bum as he went bye I turned to look in his direction & his mate took my purse from my bag! that was 33 years ago in Newcastle things dont change!

biffo

Pickpockets in Yalikavak
Its not just Yalikavak market. When we were in Gulluk market in June, I had had my wallet lifted by women. It seems to be happening more these days.

Kevin

Gazarra

Pickpockets in Yalikavak
As I have always disliked loading my pockets with wallets,keys,etc. I have for some years now always carried a "man-bag" --- much to my children's amusement I might add.

When in Yalikavak during the spring-time I had just finished a kebab, at the place opposite the dolmus station, and headed for the market. We were half way through the fruit and veg section when I realised I hadn't got my bag. I bolted back to the restaurant would you believe it was still there hanging on the back of a chair.

The point of this post --- Why did I have all these things with me ,just to visit the market ?

All my credit and debit cards.
My passport.
3 Driving Licences.
My Turkish Bank books.
Mobile phone.
Blood Donors card
My Tom-Tom and much more even my "Elvis Insiders" card.

If there had been a dishonest person around that day he/ she would have had a field day with that lot.

Gazarra

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Pickpockets in Yalikavak
I have, on a couple of occasions, walked away from restaurants leaving my camera or sunglasses behind only to return later to find the staff have kept the items safe until our next visit.

Pete&Mag

Pickpockets in Yalikavak
My guess is ,that this group were not locals. Maybe they are from the North ,working the tourist areas. All Western cities have them. Peter

Tess

Pickpockets in Yalikavak
Working in a newspaper you get to read the press releases from the police. Locally here on ocassions you get a "team" drafting in from another area to shoplift, pickpocket, i would imagine it is the same the world over. Sad but true but it gives the locals a bad feeling and the area a bad vibe which is unfair. They network out of their own areas where they are unknown and unfortunately the victim is left to pick up the pieces.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Pickpockets in Yalikavak
Unfortunatly this is not new - been going on in the markets for as long as I have been here !
I always tell folks not to take alot of money to market and NEVER open your wallet in front of traders - if you are not used to the money they dive into your wallet so quickly and try to confuse you - just keep enough money with you for what you think you need to spend
I always take one of my dogs with me to market - Turkish women so scared of dogs they NEVER come near me LOL !!

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Pickpockets in Yalikavak
l would love to invent some sort of device,similar to a mousetrap where the thief rumages through your belongings then a sudden"SNAP" to the fingers.The pickpocket theif will think long and hard about this if he has ideas of theiving from others again.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Pickpockets in Yalikavak
Come on Bob what a great idea, you can make your prototype now, think of the revenue you'd make alone selling them on here. Better than a snap tho' take their bloody fingers off.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Pickpockets in Yalikavak
Come on Bob what a great idea, you can make your prototype now, think of the revenue you'd make alone selling them on here. Better than a snap tho' take their bloody fingers off.

l won't make any snap decisions at the moment,just in case l fall into a trap l might later regret.lt's based on a device where the object recogizes the dna of the owner and not some foriegn dna

Latest Posts

Top Bottom