Outraze

Pickling Vinegar
Does anyone know where I can get pickling vinegar in Kusadasi,my husband has a fettish for pickled eggs and I cant find white vinegar anywhere,I tried using the table vinegar and he says there ok but the eggs are dark brown and that puts me off.

hijo

in my own clique
Pickling Vinegar
.. i am sure porkline and porkland in kusadasi does sarsons malt vinegar.hav,nt seen white vinegar here...i have a couple of gallons of sarsons malt .i could spare some no problem..:happy:

Outraze

Pickling Vinegar
Thanks both for your quick responses,I can find malt vinegar, but looks like White vinegar is something Turkey has yet to discover but I can live without as everything else compensates.

zozatky

Pickling Vinegar
If you look in the larger supermarkets in the area . In the section were the Kofte mix, Bread crumbs & Dryed soups are. you will se Pkts of Kuru Tursu. This is a powder to which you add either water or vinegar & then pickle things in .
You can also buy containers, they are clear plastic with a yellow lid they contain a light coloured liquid, which I think is pickeling vinegar, like the stuff that the Turkish pickled veg is done in.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Pickling Vinegar
You can also buy containers, they are clear plastic with a yellow lid they contain a light coloured liquid, which I think is pickeling vinegar, like the stuff that the Turkish pickled veg is done in.

That's right. Supermarkets and many corner shops sell it. I think it's called Sirkesi in Turkish.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Pickling Vinegar
My missus uses the red vinegar for our pickled eggs and they taste just the same as in UK to me. I can get the precise details if you wish.

Outraze

Pickling Vinegar
If you look in the larger supermarkets in the area . In the section were the Kofte mix, Bread crumbs & Dryed soups are. you will se Pkts of Kuru Tursu. This is a powder to which you add either water or vinegar & then pickle things in .
Thanks thats great I have seen these large jars and wondered if it was used for pickling but could never find anyone to ask,I will also look for the Kuru Tursu

Latest Posts

Top Bottom