Martian106

Photos on Tapu????
Hello, I started this in the Habitation Cert forum I got many differing opioions.

I think we need a little legal expertise..

My Question is . We have a house on a Sitesi, The Tapu is in my sisters name as she is a Turkish Citizen , all stamped and correct apart from a photo, Do I need a photo? if so how can we add this.

Thanks

celtic

Photos on Tapu????
Hello, I started this in the Habitation Cert forum I got many differing opioions.

My Question is . We have a house on a Sitesi, The Tapu is in my sisters name as she is a Turkish Citizen , all stamped and correct apart from a photo, Do I need a photo? if so how can we add this.

Thanks

Do you mean that the photo on the tapu deed belongs to someone else than your sister who's the owner of the property?

Dellol

Photos on Tapu????

Thanks

Hi Martian, Can you be a bit clearer? You state: 'We have a house' and 'The Tapu is in my sisters name'. To me this looks as if it is your sister solely, who is the legal owner of the house.

Martian106

Photos on Tapu????
Sorry, Yes in law my sister is sole owner, I just paid for it, what I am asking is does the Tapu we have need the photo attached? Thats all......Thanks Guys

Dellol

Photos on Tapu????

Hi Ron, not questioning you, but is that a fact or in your case did you just not need a photo/photos. When we bought ours four years ago, we had to have photos. We are both Irish, maybe it is different if you are Turkish...

Guz1

Photos on Tapu????
This topic has been covered in the past. At that time the information was that it is not a legal requirement to have your photo on the tapu. I recall, also, more than one of the solicitor members of the forum telling us that the tapu is not proof of ownership in the same way that we regard a Title Deed. The legal owner is the person listed in the register.

DAVIDO

Photos on Tapu????
hi guz
about photo on tapu, do you recall if many members didnt have photo,and just out of interest , why. my emlac said as i went poa , and wasnt there but i just wondered why some do and some dont

davido

Guz1

Photos on Tapu????
Sorry Davido, I don't recall. I'm fairly sure that the majority had the photos (ours has). Just guessing, but I reckon there could be a no. of reasons why some have a photo and others don't, e.g. it could be a relatively recent practice or some areas might insist on having photos while others don't.

If you would prefer to have your photo on the tapu, why don't you call into the tapu office with your tapu and a few passport sized photos and see if they will put them on for you. The worst that can happen is that they will refuse.

Here are a few of the old threads:

http://www.turkishliving.com/forums...334-tapu-photograph.html?highlight=photo+tapu

http://www.turkishliving.com/forums/bodrum-forum/13405-tapu.html?highlight=photo+tapu

http://www.turkishliving.com/forums...96-photographs-tapu.html?highlight=photo+tapu

Last edited:

Guz1

Photos on Tapu????
Sorry for back to back posts, but I have searched in vain for Celtic's post about the tapu not being surrendered when a property changes hands so have deleted that paragraph from my previous post.

Hopefully, Celtic will read this thread and give a definitive response to the question about whether the owner's photo should be on the Tapu.

beldibi

Photos on Tapu????
The old Tapu is not surrendered. The proof of ownership is the name in the land registry, as has been said above.
The legal columnist in Today Zaman, has recently covered this subject, in his articles.

eamonn1

Photos on Tapu????
Hi! My own experience is that there is no need or legal reason that you have your photo on the Tapu. I had my Tapu issued with my photo on, but then the belidye came round cobbling the roads, this meant the width of the roads were made bigger previously they were no more than dirt track roads so we were pleased to have the cobbles laid. We left for the UK and when we came back I was handed a new Tapu by the emlak who we purchased the land from. The belidye had called him after they had re issued the Tapu so he could get it back to me. He simply wrote IPTAL (cancelled) across my original Tapu which had a photo and gave me the re issued Tapu with no photo and they had also reduced the size of the land from 3657 sq yrds to 3639 sq yrds which was for the widening of the road(Yol), which again you have no say for this to be done as it was all a part of the village plans. They gave me a map of the area showing the plots and the roads and a lot of people were affected including my Turkish neighbours who lost more land than me. Sorry it's long winded but I asked at the time where's the photo and they said "Problem yok". Eamonn

Latest Posts

Top Bottom