Expat2008

Phone keeps ringing
For the past couple of days I keep getting phone calls to my fixed line. I pick it up and nobody answers nor is there a sound of someone putting down the phone. The only person who knows my number is my mother and the phone rings until I answer it and stops as soon as I pick it up.
I really feel it must be a technical fault. Has anyone ever had this before?

butt007

Warren
Phone keeps ringing
Yes we have had the same thing from time to time, pick up and nobody there. Though with burglars in mind it did make me start thinking was it someone just checking to see whether we were in or not!!
Warren

Expat2008

Phone keeps ringing
Really? I've had it before on the odd occasion but it kept doing it these last couple of days:( I've had to unplug the phone now to be certain it doesn't wake me in the night!

DRACEY

Phone keeps ringing
There are automated call centres that randomly dial numbers and if no one answers in a given time " eight rings for instance " they disconect and move on to another number.
If you pick up as the time is up it appears that no one is there as the system has moved on. However, if you pick up before the call moves on you will be connected to a sales person or an automated sales message.
These sites sell lists of numbers to each other and so once your number is listed it is difficult to stop.
Even ex directory numbers can be passed around due to the fact that once you have answerd a call you are then in the system.

Expat2008

Phone keeps ringing
Dracey, I'm not sure if it was that since I sometimes picked it up quickly and nobody answered. However, I have had the likes of TTNET ringing on promotional calls and I've also had pre-recorded messages so I think the number has got stuck in some company's system, like you said, and it just will go on and on. What shall I do about it?

funlife

Phone keeps ringing
Get an answer phone but thats not realy the solution we had the same last year then it stopped

Expat2008

Phone keeps ringing
Funlife, really? I will wait a few days and then ring TTkom. It's very annoying as it rings so often.

DRACEY

Phone keeps ringing
Dracey, I'm not sure if it was that since I sometimes picked it up quickly and nobody answered. However, I have had the likes of TTNET ringing on promotional calls and I've also had pre-recorded messages so I think the number has got stuck in some company's system, like you said, and it just will go on and on. What shall I do about it?
I don't know the answer to that, in the UK you can have calls barred but in Turkey I would'nt know.Your best option is to contact your phone company.
It may be that the number has been passed on to other companies and that it the problem.

Last edited:

kemerkid

Bystander
Phone keeps ringing
TT do have a call divert system in place, you know going away for a week and want to take your calls at your friends house. My sister in law uses it all the time. So maybe they have a call barring service as well. Try phoning them to ask, the only annoying thing is they answer the call in Turkish.

Last edited:
Phone keeps ringing
TT do have a call divert system in place, you know going away for a week and want to take your calls at your friends house. My sister in law uses it all the time. So maybe they have a call barring service as well. Try phoning them to ask, the only annoying thing is they answer the call in Turkish.

Mmmmmmm. What language would you expect a Turkish 'phone provider to use in Turkey? Spanish? Mandarin? Japanese? :confused::confused::confused:

DRACEY

Phone keeps ringing
How inconsiderate.
I don't remember BT having a Turkish service.

Ugly Betty

Eski Datca
Phone keeps ringing
Guys if you need to speak to TTNet in English, call them then when it's answered dial 99, this puts you through to an english speaking agent.

Also you might want to try pressing the # key 6 or 7 times. This should take you out of the loop on these nuisance calls. Good luck

Phone keeps ringing
We have a caller display phone so that if they hang up you know who has called. Sometimes its a robot, other times wrong number where they cant be bothered to speak.
If you have a burglar alarm that can do funny things as telekom had to adjust our line to stop our phone ringing. Just a thought so hope you got it sorted now

Phone keeps ringing
Funlife, really? I will wait a few days and then ring TTkom. It's very annoying as it rings so often.
We have a caller display phone so that if they hang up you know who has called. Sometimes its a robot, other times wrong number where they cant be bothered to speak.
If you have a burglar alarm that can do funny things as telekom had to adjust our line to stop our phone ringing. Just a thought so hope you got it sorted now

Latest Posts

Top Bottom