Phone installation, how long does it take?
Can anyone please tell me how long it takes to have a phone line installed in southern Turkey after making the application?

Thanks,

Phil

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
It can be a matter of days depending where you are talking about. But one problem can be having sufficient lines available, in which case you have to wait for a spare line. This is one of those instances where 'knowing someone' will speed the process as they keep a few lines spare for important or essential individuals.
Ian

Hi Phil

Mine was installed in a week
but if you buy a resale or rent an apartment with a phone line it should be changed over in a couple of days.

Veronica

Last edited:
Mine was installed in 24hrs but as I have said on a different thread, some friends are still waiting after 4 years as there are no spare lines, even though they have taken various influential Turks with them to the Turk Telekom office! It all comes down to the area you are in.

Thanks for the replies everyone. So to wait 6 – 12 months would unlikely ever happen, true?

Phil

Thanks for the replies everyone. So to wait 6 – 12 months would unlikely ever happen, true?

Phil

It depends on availability of lines.
We got ours in 24hrs.Our friend who lives about 400m from us cannot have one because there are no telephone poles near enough to her building.She was told it would be about 12 months before they put additional poles in

I wouldnt base any decision on moving to Turkey or staying in Thailand on the availability and speed of having a telephone connected. It may be something to consider but maybe not life-changing.

If it turns out to be difficult to get phone line installed are there any other ways of connecting with the internet in Turkey?If you could get an internet connection then at least you could have Skype.
We have here,northern cyprus,a wireless broadband supplier and all you need is a receiver on the roof,can you get this type of thing in Turkey?

I wouldnt base any decision on moving to Turkey or staying in Thailand on the availability and speed of having a telephone connected. It may be something to consider but maybe not life-changing.

I certainly wasn’t! I was merely seeing what other experiences were compared to the er, lets say BS I was told in my other post!

Thanks to the others for your feedback.

Phil

Guz1

If it turns out to be difficult to get phone line installed are there any other ways of connecting with the internet in Turkey?If you could get an internet connection then at least you could have Skype.
We have here,northern cyprus,a wireless broadband supplier and all you need is a receiver on the roof,can you get this type of thing in Turkey?

Good question. Hope someone comes up with an answer I can understand.

Niron

Try telling that to a 13yo who cant play his xbox online! :roundgrin

Don't you need a Residence permit in order to get a phone/ADSL connection? Or have it in someone else's name?

Try telling that to a 13yo who cant play his xbox online! :roundgrin
Thats where the consumer society gets you!!!! Give him a ball of string and two tin cans and tell him to make his own phone. Luxury!!!!:77wu:

Niron

Thats where the consumer society gets you!!!! Give him a ball of string and two tin cans and tell him to make his own phone. Luxury!!!!:77wu:

Might work on a 3 yo but not a teenager:D besides phone line equals broadband equals quiet life ,thats where it gets me :3:

RIK

Yes, you do need a Residence Permit to get one in your own name.Yes you can get a friend who has one or a Turk to do it in there name.Not Recommended.

Ian

We have a phone line which took 2 days and now we are waiting for the ADSL to be connected, we don't live here and don't have a residency permit, we are part of a company though.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom