christella

phase 1 olive gardens Akbuk
this is an email I had today
34ysqc9.jpg

Hilsjw

Can't read this very well. Sounds good to me in that you can organise your own maintainance and most importantly keep sight of where all you money is going i.e. proper signed off accounts. I think very many people living on complexes would be delighted to have that assurance.

Hi,
I am an owner on Olive Gardens phase 1 and have only just received this email. There are a large number of us who will fight this takeover as we have had a very happy seven years living there. There is a turkish family at present doing the maintenance and are always more than willing to help us all out. We have paid £400 per year maintenance for seven years and not sure what people expect for their money. There are always complaints that the grass is dying in summer but in temperatures of 40 plus what do we expect. people take life so hard. There are some ex pats who, I feel, need to find them self a hobby and stop upsetting their neighbours by spoiling their dream. I go to turkey to escape the hassles of my english life but now not looking forward to my summer break. I am not sure what you think of the situation Chris but for any owners of Olive Gardens 1, I have email addresses of people living in turkey who will be attending the meeting in July, so pm me if you do not agree with takeover, or voice your concerns on this forum.
Angela

Can't read this very well. Sounds good to me in that you can organise your own maintainance and most importantly keep sight of where all you money is going i.e. proper signed off accounts. I think very many people living on complexes would be delighted to have that assurance.

We have actually paid £400 for the last 7 years. Do you honestly think a committee could do better than that.

christella

I agree I don't want it I have had an email from tracy who is the same plus andy ,alan. peter who likes the way it is if its taken over by ray and Margret its goodbye to the family

If you know people who are a definite no can you please ask them to email Tracy letting her know their feelings. We are trying to keep a record of who is saying no. There is a growing number of us who dont want things to change.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Are you not obliged by law to have a committee ? why not nominate your own people to stand against those you dont want

Martin

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
because condominium law says you should have a properly formed committee, with independent auditors. It may be that if you simply vote against this group, then they could take you to court for failing to adhere to condiminium law, hence my suggestion that you could counter them with your preferred people, just legalise it etc.

Martin

Its also against the law to work without a work permit, take jobs from the turkish but people still do it. We are living in turkey here and everyone knows their safety standards etc are not same as England, so owners who permanently rent out their properties want to see everyone more than double their maintenance fees so that they are covered when advertising for rentals. I am not sure this is in the interest of everyone living there.

janandmartin

Hi there everyone. We are Martin and Jan Silk G2 Olive gardens phase 1 . We too will voting NO to the changes proposed. We are more than happy with the current system in place and are very grateful to the current caretakers Hussein and family who in,our opinion do. A wonderful job. We have no desire to see the rumoured pool rules put in place. We have heard proposals such as adults only swim times and no swimming after 8 pm . We are usually on holiday just the two of us but our grown up children and grandchild ( in the future Grandchildren we hope) were actually our main reason for buying our beautiful little place in the sun. Personally we think it's a pleasure to see children at the pool enjoying themselves and have no intention at all to be stopped swimming at any hour we choose.

janandmartin

We are very happy with the current system, and happy to live alongside apartments that are used for commercial rental purposes. Our neighbours are all lovely people and we enjoy the friendly community atmosphere on Olive gardens . These proposals have the potential to disrupt all of this and take away the jobs income and home of our Turkish caretakers family whom we are very fond of. I hope many of you will join us in voting NO !!! Our daughter will be at the meeting, as it has been planned at short notice. I believe there's a proxy voting system in place and we are willing to ask our Daughter to place any votes she is asked to by residents. We are contactable on ....... janandmartin@hotmail.com .

christella

I have just spoken to yildray and he said if we send the proxy form back to him signed
no he will hand it in
great news and pass it on

janandmartin

Great news Christ, the more of us voting the fairer the result will be. I've put a link to this on Facebook too in the hope of more Olive Gardeners seeing it xxxx Best wishes to you and Stella

Jamster

Jamster
Again I ask, why doesn't the caretakers family simply put down their names to legally do what they have been doing for the past seven years.

If they are not to hot on any one aspect - accounts, whatever - then by the 'love' that you guys obviously feel for them there will probably be someone amongst you who can lend a hand - after all the internet is our friend - no?

Or you just 'buy in' the area in which the law now requires them to adhere too - again simple - no?

As for rules about the pool etc. although 8pm seems a tad early I do think making 24/7 is also unfair. So you may all decide upon 8am - midnight, and that is something that can happen under the control of the caretaker in his legally elected role - no?

So, put the caretaker up for site president and carry on BUT within the new laws otherwise if you get enough votes for a 'no' vote don't be surprised if the losers expand matters into a more legal setting BUT that's just me 'guessing'.

So why not pm Cem, as he is a Lawyer and might be able to advise you as to the best course of action -

all the best, Jim.

Last edited:

OLIVER

From what i have read The vote is not about wether to have a committee the vote is to keep the same maintenance system or to investigate alternatives. I am sure phase 1 will remain the wonderful tranquil complex it has always been.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom