Camden

Pfizer Vaccine.?
"Now we see why you want to highlight this, not concern on vaccine delivery"

Me highlighting it??? Turn the TV on its headline news FFS.
Where on this are the headlines highlighting the "the EU " screwed up on this Pfizer issue ??? as you are .... They are actually reporting the actions the EU is taking by threating the company for breaking it contractual arrangement .... the company is the one who screwed up.

Last edited:
Pfizer Vaccine.?
Now we see why you want to highlight this, not concern on vaccine delivery .. but another attack on one our biggest trading blocs and ex partner

We have left the EU, so why the need to continue attacking a bloc that is both our neighbour but also one of our big trading partners and holds the same values as us ...if they don't do well our workers suffer.

They didn't screw it up ,it was this Company that doesn't want to meet its contractual promises ,not only to them but to us in the UK, ( which you seem to have shown no concern) by threating delay in supply ... Every country and agreed bloc is entitled to give consent on when a particular Vaccine is allowed ..and if you read the Bild the German newspaper they have some concerns on this vaccine.
Where on this are the headlines highlighting the "the EU " screwed up on this Pfizer issue ??? as you are .... They are actually reporting the actions the EU is taking by threating the company for breaking it contractual arrangement ....

Pfizer Vaccine.?
Are you now deflecting to separate issues ? As we were discussing, what was it you said "TV on its headline news FFS" . The Pfizer non delivery issue and the EU's actions .
The usual bollox from you Camden.........you couldn't help "deflecting" by bringing Boris into it, when its JS to do with him, then swiftly accuse me of deflection.
This is how life works for you. You were inlikeflyn when the UK passed off the Oxford vaccine stating "it was a risk", now the EU is up in arms over the supply of a vaccine that you labelled as a "risk". Even to the extent of saying that the Germans have concerns over the vaccine, what you miss is.........the Germans don't come into it, its Brussels itself dealing with the sanctioning of the use of vaccines, not the Germans.
The issue with the member states over vaccines goes back weeks, the purchase, the testing and the roll out. Their attitude was, how come the UK, US, Canada & others were vaccinating when member states wasn't?

Pfizer Vaccine.?
BTW Camden. The UK started vaccinating on the 8th December, using Pfizer...........the EU came late to the party on the 27th December.

Camden

Pfizer Vaccine.?
BTW Camden. The UK started vaccinating on the 8th December, using Pfizer...........the EU came late to the party on the 27th December.

Who suggested different ?

And on what I have said in the past, you could at least get your facts right..... on what I said, as per possible "risk" firstly it wasn't on the Oxford vaccine ,first lie, as consent hadn't been given by then ... it was on the UK's emergency consent on Pfizer, which I stand by ... and published by Pfizer itself had risk .

From Pfizer themselves ...A further description of risks and uncertainties can be found in Pfizer’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2019 and in its subsequent reports on Form 10-Q, including in the sections thereof captioned “Risk Factors” and “Forward-Looking Information and Factors That May Affect Future Results”
And the ex head of the EMA (which we were active members till leaving the EU ) Guido Rasi, Professor of Microbiology at the Uni of Rome said "U.K.’s emergency approval of the vaccine was a “substantially political step that is not without risks”

Also you say the Germans don't come into it ............ So are you actually saying if an EU members Health Scientific Dept came across a concern with a vaccine any vaccine, are you saying it would be ignored by Brussels ???? get real ....

But you seem now, not to want to deal with the initial gripe on the EU , the one you said "Turn the TV on its headline news FFS". On the EU threat on Pfizer for not meeting its contractual arrangement by its delaying of vaccine stocks... ( which by the way UK is amongst several countries that Pfizer said they would delay )

But no you seem instead want to call out the EU ( even though our own Govt isn't concerned on what you perceive) rather than the Company who wants to break the agreement with the EU and us as well by delaying stock ...,,,strange your view or maybe not ...

Last edited:
Pfizer Vaccine.?
Who suggested different ?

And on what I have said in the past, you could at least get your facts right..... on what I said, as per possible "risk" firstly it wasn't on the Oxford vaccine ,first lie, as consent hadn't been given by then ... it was on the UK's emergency consent on Pfizer, which I stand by ... and published by Pfizer itself had risk .

From Pfizer themselves ...A further description of risks and uncertainties can be found in Pfizer’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2019 and in its subsequent reports on Form 10-Q, including in the sections thereof captioned “Risk Factors” and “Forward-Looking Information and Factors That May Affect Future Results”

Also you say the Germans don't come into it ............ So are you actually saying if an EU members Health Scientific Dept came across a concern with a vaccine any vaccine, are you saying it would be ignored by Brussels ???? get real ....

But you seem now, not to want to deal with the initial gripe on the EU , the one you said "Turn the TV on its headline news FFS". On the EU threat on Pfizer for not meeting its contractual arrangement by its delaying of vaccine stocks... ( which by the way UK is amongst several countries that Pfizer said they would delay )

But no you seem instead want to call out the EU ( even though our own Govt isn't concerned on what you perceive) rather than the Company who wants to break the agreement with the EU and us as well by delaying stock ...,,,strange your view or maybe not ...
You’re the Owen Jones of this forum, you can’t tolerate good news, you counter it with anything negative.
Vaccines have and still are being given the go ahead and rolled out before the EMA even gets out of bed.
Let’s see if there’s valid concerns over the Oxford vaccine......the EU is expected to give a decision on it in a few days. If passed, that’s MORE days they lost on getting a vaccine passed & into EU citizens arms.

Camden

Pfizer Vaccine.?
You’re the Owen Jones of this forum, you can’t tolerate good news, you counter it with anything negative.
Vaccines have and still are being given the go ahead and rolled out before the EMA even gets out of bed.
Let’s see if there’s valid concerns over the Oxford vaccine......the EU is expected to give a decision on it in a few days. If passed, that’s MORE days they lost on getting a vaccine passed & into EU citizens arms.

What a load of b**ls I wish the best for the vaccination programme I have set of parents and in-laws and a partner I want secure along side everybody else ...

but I unlike you, don't look for every opportunity to try and down one of our biggest trading partners we rely on the EU that is made up of people with the same values as us. ....

I also hope the Oxford vaccine by UK/Sweden pharmaceutical is approved by the EU and if not the findings are shared with the company so it can be later approved...

Pfizer Vaccine.?
What a load of b**ls I wish the best for the vaccination programme I have set of parents and in-laws and a partner I want secure along side everybody else ...

but I unlike you, don't look for every opportunity to try and down one of our biggest trading partners we rely on the EU that is made up of people with the same values as us. ....

I also hope the Oxford vaccine by UK/Sweden pharmaceutical is approved by the EU and if not the findings are shared with the company so it can be later approved...
It’s nothing whatsoever to do with one of our biggest trading partners......it’s about vaccines and roll outs. The US, Canada, Australia etc passed Pfizer and got it on the streets before the EU. It’s how they roll, slow on everything and indecisive.

Camden

Pfizer Vaccine.?
It’s nothing whatsoever to do with one of our biggest trading partners......it’s about vaccines and roll outs. The US, Canada, Australia etc passed Pfizer and got it on the streets before the EU. It’s how they roll, slow on everything and indecisive.
No that's what you want to make it about now ... having sent it off the thread in different direction, after your initial gripe on the EU was explained,and not to what you perceived it to be .... with our own Government not even concerned ... according to the Tory Covid Czar Nadhim Zahawi

Pfizer Vaccine.?
No that's what you want to make it about now ... having sent it off the thread in different direction, after your initial gripe on the EU was explained,and not to what you perceived it to be .... with our own Government not even concerned ... according to the Tory Covid Czar Nadhim Zahawi
EU member states wrongly trusted Brussels to handle it. They were slow on ordering, slow with passing it and therefore slow on vaccinating people.
Is this article from the Guardian wrong?

Camden

Pfizer Vaccine.?
EU member states wrongly trusted Brussels to handle it. They were slow on ordering, slow with passing it and therefore slow on vaccinating people.
Is this article from the Guardian wrong?

Keep flogging your new turn from the initial gripe. What next I answer this, whilst you then go on to slip to another subject ,never answering question, never admitting you could be wrong just on to the next ??? no, it stops here for me humouring you and as answered on another thread.

I think we have flogged this old horse before on another thread about people in " Glass houses" .... why not stay on your initial gripe on the EU ??? instead of ignoring it .... even down to what your own Tory Covid Minister has said, he isn't concerned ( on what you perceived ) Is this why we are getting a new subject ????

Last edited:
Pfizer Vaccine.?
Keep flogging your new turn from the initial gripe

I think we have flogged this old horse before on another thread about people in " Glass houses" .... why not stay on your initial gripe on the EU ??? instead of ignoring it .... even down to what your own Tory Covid Minister has said, he isn't concerned ( on what you perceived ) Is this why we are getting a new subject ????
Gripe? I think people have seen with their own eyes how the EU rolls in a crisis & there’s no bigger crisis than Covid......they came up well short on vaccine procurement & distribution. Don’t take my word for it, take it from actual member states leaders.

Camden

Pfizer Vaccine.?
Gripe? I think people have seen with their own eyes how the EU rolls in a crisis & there’s no bigger crisis than Covid......they came up well short on vaccine procurement & distribution. Don’t take my word for it, take it from actual member states leaders.
Keep flogging your new turn from the initial gripe. What next I answer this, whilst you then slip on to another subject ,never answering or countering the relevant subject and question, never admitting you could be wrong .....just on to the next ??? no, it stops here for me humouring as this was answered on another thread where as it was said " Boris and Glass houses" ...

Pfizer Vaccine.?
Keep flogging your new turn from the initial gripe. What next I answer this, whilst you then slip on to another subject ,never answering or countering the relevant subject and question, never admitting you could be wrong .....just on to the next ??? no, it stops here for me humouring as this was answered on another thread where as it was said " Boris and Glass houses" ...
There you go again “Boris”.......did the EU secure vaccines for the UK or “Boris”? Did the EU get the vaccines out onto UK streets or “Boris”?
The vaccine is the only out of this plague & it’s no good talking about it when by now it should be everywhere.

Pfizer Vaccine.?
The problem is that the EU is NOT a state, it's a group of trading nations. Who do you talk to?
Remember the Olympics? The EU were quick enough to claim "their" medal tally, its no good putting your name on the so called good bits & denying the cr*p.
I read an article where Macron & Merkel were more than happy to hand over the procurement & distribution of the vaccine(s) to all 27 member states. I also remember the reasons given why we declined to get involved with their plans........it was money and distribution.
EU member states leaders are in a bind now IMO. They either take the blame themselves or blame the Commission. If the citizens blame their own leaders, they will get voted out, if they blame the Commission the the EU sceptics get ammunition.
Its not something to cheer about over their vaccine debacle but nor is is something to deny either.

The EUs indication of "checking" the amount of vaccines going to third countries puts themselves on iffy ground. Protectionism comes to mind, which is against WTO format & no doubt will not sit well with the WHO either, who quite rightly want these vaccines rolled out everywhere.

If we were still EU members and caught up in this vaccine supply issue, who would I complain to? My MP, there's nobody else & there never has been. MEPs IMO are there for the EU as a whole, not for individual member states.

Camden

Pfizer Vaccine.?
Remember the Olympics? The EU were quick enough to claim "their" medal tally, its no good putting your name on the so called good bits & denying the cr*p.
I read an article where Macron & Merkel were more than happy to hand over the procurement & distribution of the vaccine(s) to all 27 member states. I also remember the reasons given why we declined to get involved with their plans........it was money and distribution.
EU member states leaders are in a bind now IMO. They either take the blame themselves or blame the Commission. If the citizens blame their own leaders, they will get voted out, if they blame the Commission the the EU sceptics get ammunition.
Its not something to cheer about over their vaccine debacle but nor is is something to deny either.

The EUs indication of "checking" the amount of vaccines going to third countries puts themselves on iffy ground. Protectionism comes to mind, which is against WTO format & no doubt will not sit well with the WHO either, who quite rightly want these vaccines rolled out everywhere.

If we were still EU members and caught up in this vaccine supply issue, who would I complain to? My MP, there's nobody else & there never has been. MEPs IMO are there for the EU as a whole, not for individual member states.

You still don't get it ,do you ??? even when your own Tory Government does, saying they "aren't concerned" ,nor perceive the EU action as a threat to us, but to the company Pfizer for breaking contracts made ...

It Seems some people even when they have left the EU need to show or make up something bad as justification for doing so, Especially when they are unable to vocalise the advantages on leaving and why all these unfulfilled promises made by the people who advocated the leaving the EU, have never materialised .

The EU joint procurement would have worked well if Pfizer had fulfilled its contract. .. and then you would have no anti EU stick to beat one of our biggest trading partners and people who hold the same values as us.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom