Saoirse

Pets/Home sitting
Simply have to tell you of an absolutely amazing service we came across

We wanted to go on holiday for a month but as our 3 cats are elderly we were wary of such a long stay in a cattery

Came across a service whereby you as an owner join up for £80 for a year

You then put on details of where you are in the world plus details of your pets, your holiday dates etc

Sitters with references recommendations security checks etc then apply to get the " sit"

Your membership money also includes full insurance for damages theft and liability for the sitter

We were worried we would get few/ no replies......within 72 hrs I had to close the ad and start shortlisting as I got 37 offers!!!

They were from retired teachers, child minders, managers, police officer, probation officer, solicitor nurse etc and geographically from USA Canada Argentina Australia Germany England South Africa etc

Amazing

Last edited:
Pets/Home sitting
Philip- this service sounds very interesting. Would you please message me with contact details, or their website? Many thanks

Harem

I've cliqued
Pets/Home sitting
Spain with three cats is obviously far more tempting than Turkey with 4 dogs and 7 cats!! We had only one reply!!

Saoirse

Pets/Home sitting
They have had sitters taking on complete farms with livestock horses etc
Luck of the draw but on average it should be around half a dozen offers per requested sit
If you get no offers you get a refund

Last edited:

Jaycey

Pets/Home sitting
A great concept but somewhat pointless if the prospective host is thousands of miles away 😊

Is the host remunerated in some way?

Saoirse

Pets/Home sitting
The distance seems no object as these are people who joined up to see the world
Both property owner and sitter pay the annual fee- nothing else

As an owner you can make it as attractive as you wish- we offered airport pick up/ drop off but again it's totally down to the owner to offer what they are comfortable with

I actually could have closed my ad within a day but let it run for 3 as I was thinking I might have got a more local sitter which would have saved me airport run, lol!

Have to say when we shortlisted the 5 and picked the " winner" 3 of the 4 defeated finalists wrote to us immediately asking to be considered for any upcoming sits so it has been a roaring success for us

Our cats are getting too old for long stays out of their home plus it's quite a money saver too as cattery cost for this trip would have been €600

Kanga

Pets/Home sitting
We've used this service in the past, from a group called Mind My Home. The host doesn't pay to advertise, only the potential sitters. They have to provide references etc. It worked well for us. We had 14 replies to a short ad, and like saoirse had folks asking to be kept in mind for another time.

Saoirse

Pets/Home sitting
Lol

God no
I have trouble enough minding our own pets without globe trotting to look after others!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom