Question for you

TLF Admin

Administrator
Personal Communication apps WhatsApp Signal Telegram
Recently there was a lot of coverage in the media of WhatsApp's change of privacy policies that prompted many to look for alternatives.

Did that prompt you to change, was it temporary or permanent?

I have all three mentioned above as I find some people have moved away from WhatsApp while others are still on there, I prefer to use less and less of Facebook and WhatsApp.

My preferred app is Signal although it lacks some of features I think in time that might change.

I recently read you can export and import your conversation history including media to Telegram, I tested this and it worked pretty well, so it could be an alternative to WhatsApp but lacks end to end encryption.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
I still use Whatsapp......decided not to switch.

Regarding Telegram...it does use end-to-end encryption.

Q: What if I’m more paranoid than your regular user?​

We've got you covered. Telegram’s special secret chats use end-to-end encryption, leave no trace on our servers, support self-destructing messages and don’t allow forwarding. On top of this, secret chats are not part of the Telegram cloud and can only be accessed on their devices of origin.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
This might be of interest....

Signal, WhatsApp and Telegram: Major security differences between messaging apps​

Full Story

If your choice of encrypted messaging app is a toss-up between Signal, Telegram and WhatsApp, do not waste your time with anything but Signal. This isn't about which has cuter features, more bells and whistles or is most convenient to use -- this is about pure privacy. If that's what you're after, nothing beats Signal.

ScarlettIngrid

Recently there was a lot of coverage in the media of WhatsApp's change of privacy policies that prompted many to look for alternatives.

Did that prompt you to change, was it temporary or permanent?

I have all three mentioned above as I find some people have moved away from WhatsApp while others are still on there, I prefer to use less and less of Facebook and WhatsApp.

My preferred app is Signal although it lacks some of features I think in time that might change.

I recently read you can export and import your conversation history including media to Telegram, I tested this and it worked pretty well, so it could be an alternative to WhatsApp status this site but lacks end to end encryption.
While Signal beats Telegram and WhatsApp handily when it comes to security, it falls short on the features it offers. Still, I don't think there's any big missing feature that might deter you from using the app. You have secure messaging, voice, and video calls and all communications are end-to-end encrypted.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom