SLEEPY

Perking the pansies
I am not sure if many of u are following the Perking the Pansies (and surviving the expats of Turkey) blog regarding the exploits of the latest two expat inhabitants of Yali.
Personally I get a real kick from their daily dispatches on the trials and tribulations of starting a fresh and it’s only a manner of time before the other expats get upset, as the lads take no prisoners..
Personally i cannot wait to them geting a round to reviewing the various eating houses/soup kitchens in Yali before the manure really hits the fan.

Interested what u other folks in TLF land think?

I my view its great stuff, a real breath of fresh air, keep it going lads!:20:

red

Perking the pansies
I love the way he writes a bit like a gay Bridget Jones - I'm sure some names have been changed as I think I recognised the drinker in Yali.

SLEEPY

Perking the pansies
Thanks Philip,this retirement lark has made me very lazy.

Oh and bye the way Joe O Neils pub in Bundoran is still open as the mother passed it the other day.

karios

Living in Gumusluk
Perking the pansies
We also follow the daily updates. Just fished today's on strictly come dancing 'Turkish style':lol:. After reading it i don't think we will bother watching it either when we get over there soon, thanks Jack for warning us. Keep the story going...great read.:yipee:

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Perking the pansies
Surely Bridget Jones was gay, i remember the film " Bridget Jones does Hollywood ", and the sequel " Bridget Jones at Cheltenham Ladies College " compulsory there methinks.

It all seemed huge fun but a bit perverse to me

Steve.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Perking the pansies
I've been following this blog since Jack Scott posted about it on the forum, they are hilarious and I love the way he writes. The link is in my favourites and I have my daily fix, really cheers me up. Yea please keep them coming, I too am looking forward to when they frequent the bars and eateries.

:95im:

Perking the pansies
perkingthe pansies is brill,, he is soo funny,,,you can imagine him seeing and experiencing the things he does,,,,I also carn't wait for him to start visiting the bars and eating places in Yali then reading his views,,,,I carn't wait to read his blog every day,,,carry on jack,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Jack Scott

Perking the pansies
Hello all. I just wanted to say thank you very much for the thumbs up, very kind indeed. Apologies for not coming on here often, setting up home and sorting out the essentials has been great fun but a tad time consuming. We've gleaned an awful lot of practical information from previous posts, so again, thank you.

We are loving the Turkish experience (the good and the bad), it really is a fascinating and seductive place.

Iyi Bayramlar!

Jack

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Perking the pansies
I've just had my morning fix of the blog, dried my eyes now, lol.

Whoa, the lads are venturing into writing about the bars in Yalikavak.

Stripping Barman post!!! Hmmm, I can't think where they mean, but an interesting evening, lol.

Last edited:

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Perking the pansies
Mods, would this thread do better in a forum where access by children may be restricted. I make absolutely no complaint regarding an interesting, entertaining and thought provoking blog, but feel that due to it's flirtation with " unseemly " ( for children ) references to promiscuous behaviour, it may be better served in the back room, no pun intended.

Love the blog Jack , my concern was brought home to me with my ref to Bridget Jones.

Thanks, Steve.

Last edited:

Lillylilly

Ex Altinkum Resident
Perking the pansies
I have no books to read at the moment am fed up with facebook and hate I m a celebrity on tv so aftter EE and Corrie I will try to start it from the beginning. Very witty funny and sometimes long words for me but I am sure it will be a good read and we can relate it to our Turkish Experience of living there.

Perking the pansies
great stuff..
when i saw the thread title i thought it was another gardening thing..and only started to look because pansies are my favourite flower they all have little faces on.
i wonder how the pure little pansy gained such a reputation.

Kalkan regular

The Golden Girls
Perking the pansies
Just finished reading it so now only have to keep up with the new items. It's stared my day of with loads of laughter. They'd be great friends but you'd have to stop reading the blog! If they are as funny in person then it would be worth it.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Perking the pansies
I've just had my morning fix of the blog, dried my eyes now, lol.

Whoa, the lads are venturing into writing about the bars in Yalikavak.

Stripping Barman post!!! Hmmm, I can't think where they mean, but an interesting evening, lol.

My money is on Carlos at Dedes......

Latest Posts

Top Bottom