People living on the dump!
Do people care more about dogs?

Gren please post the link again!

It's happening again! the thread about dogs is getting more attention than the one about people with nothing, living on a rubbish dump!

I do feel sorry for the dogs but How can we help these people?

Last edited:

Peregrine

Re: F*** the dogs!

well it seems they now have fire, so there seems to be some improvement

ChrisBobs

Agree absolutely Miss Money Penny, but it is easier to complain about something familiar and simple, than tackle a situation that is outside their experience.

Mikee100

Mikee100
Are we realy that suprised that dogs are more emotive than humans in the UK.
Just look at the adverts on TV, £4 per month to save a dog or £2 per month to save a child!!!.
Other countries laugh at us, saying we are a country of mad dog lovers.
Some peaople priorities are so bizarre to my line of thought.
Mike:kafa: :37:

Harem

I've cliqued
It's probably easier to help a dog than it is to help a human. After all, the dog is hungry, you can give it some biscuits or bread. A human is hungry but would rather have money - and will the money necessarily get spent on food? A dog is homeless, you can give it a home. A human is homeless, can you take him/her into your home, or expect him/her to live in your garden? Which is the easiest to help?

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
I read this and tried to make sense of it . I could.nt get the original post . Either Yesterday or this morning . For me it starts with == Gren please post link again ' Is this happening to others or is it just me ? I.d like to be able to read it Diane

bobthenob

Non Active Member
We all know the root of the suffering towards humans.The key factor to famine and homelessness is basically down to selfishness.Once you plant the seeds of the me generation.That seed will flourish into a society full of selfish thoughts and which will produce a generation of people that will do whatever it takes to get what they want.lf it means cruel acts to get what they want,then that’s what they will do without showing any mercy.

How to solve the problem of suffering is really almost the same as the dog issue.lt is down to a system that really doesn’t care,because it doesn’t make money.The political system wields a strong influence on how the world will be.Since the system is governed by money then the world will be divided into two,the suffering and the non suffering.Even when money is poured into countries to help the suffering it is deliberately channeled to other bodies.

To stop the suffering of the children,one must first stop the corruption from these countries.Once that has been properly regulated to stop the charity money going to the swindlers,then the suffering will diminish and eventually stop.Whats the point in giving when really all your doing is feeding the body that is corrupt,but is not going to the chosen source.

Would you not agree the world will be a far better place if such qualities are enforced.Personality changes are possible if handled and verbally expressed correctly.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Thanks Chrisbobs Found it . What a terrible thing . Human beings liveing this way . There must be something we can do . But has this is how they make a liveing I don't think they'll leave the Dump . Surely we could have a collection to provide a few tents & pots pans and something to sleep on . and maybe a clear out of clothes we no longer wear ect . Even just one generater would help them . . Plenty of brits in Bodrum who could offer something . Winter will soon be upon us they will need Blankets ect ! we can't just ignore it ...... Diane

waterbaby

Re: F*** the dogs!

Gren please post the link again!

It's happening again! the thread about dogs is getting more attention than the one about people with nothing, living on a rubbish dump!

How can we help these people?

Nice thread title! Not.

Have read a few of your posts and think your attitude stinks abit.

I dont think its that people care more about the dogs or anything like that ,its that they are infront of our eyes all day everyday. In general you dont see homeless people in and around bodrum not like if you go to one of the cities where there are beggars, and little kids selling packets of tissues etc.
You said you havent been up to the dump, so why not go and see for yourserlf and bring your issue to the forefront of everyones mind and do something to help it if this is really getting your goat

There are many thousands and thousands of people living a hand to mouth existence in Turkey, Some live by scavenging off the Councils 'tips' others by any means possible.
The death rate in children under 5 in Turkey is 5 times higher than in EU countries.
if you want to know more about poverty and programmes now running to address socio-economic problems facing families Turkey you can learn more from Unicef..and also address your concerns to them.
google them Unicef Turkey for more info and ways you can help.

UNICEF Turkey Country Office
Birlik Mahalllesi,
2. Cadde, No. 11,
06610 Çankaya,
Ankara,
Turkey

Telephone: +90 (0) 312 454 1000 Facsimile: +90 (0) 312 496 1461
Email: UNICEF Turkey Country Office.

Personally I think this thread has seem to have got mixed up between people and dogs, which cannot be lumped together as they are both entirely different.

Regarding the dog issue, I am a dog lover but have no idea what the solution is as neuter and release is only a part solution to this problem as more dogs are dumped and this problem will get worse at the end of the holiday season.
I hate to say it but any strays which aren't tagged or dogs which don't have a collar on I think should be destroyed by injection. Not nice but kinder than hungry dogs, possibly injured or ill, roaming the streets and attacking other animals and even people.

The people on the dump in Bodrum, I've not seen this as I don't live in the Bodrum area, would giving them clothing, blankets etc help, I'm not sure - will they use them or sell them. This would be help for only short term, they need housing first of all and then help. Are these people Turkish? If so surely they must get some sort of social security? If they are illegal immigrants then they should be returned to their own country.

Sue

Sara-666

We have seen them, they live in appalling conditions but they don't have any choice, I just find it strange though that as soon as they are interviewed by a newspaper that they need 8 generators, surely one would be enough? They would be better off asking for proper accommodation or a rise in wages

Sara

captain

To stop the suffering of the children,one must first stop the corruption from these countries.Once that has been properly regulated to stop the charity money going to the swindlers,then the suffering will diminish and eventually stop..

I agree with a lot of your points bobthenob but this is a bit naive.

How are you going to stop corruption in countries such as Nigeria for example? A country I have worked in and know what happens there. Corruption is endemic and to say "just stop it" is not going to happen.

Doug

Latest Posts

Top Bottom