RIK

Pensioners In Turkey
From what I have been told, a lot get nothing but those entiled such as Teachers and Goverment Employees get around 450 TL. per month.Maybe Shirley or somebody else could shed more light on this subject.

Ian

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Pensioners In Turkey

I believe those in the puiblic sector can retire after 20 years. Unless the retiree has a reasonably high position then the pension is minimal resulting in that person having to take other employment to supplement their pension. Thats all I have been told. I am open to correction.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Pensioners In Turkey
Pensions may be sufficient for other areas but probably not for the Bodrum peneinsula which as we all know can be expensive.

alison09400

Pensioners In Turkey
Unless a person has worked and paid some sort of national insurance...be it SSK, Bağkur etc then they won't have a pension when they retire (Emekli). The widow of a man who was entitled to a pension receives his money after he dies. In Turkey most people retire while in their 40's as they've worked and paid insurance for the required 20/25 years.
However many pensioners receive no financial help from the government...those without an income rely on their children or other family members to support them. Many live with their married children and their families.
Unfortunately some don't even have that luxury. They can apply for a "Yeşil Kart" (Green Card) which entitles them to free medical treatment/medication but they must prove that they don't own any assets, have money in the bank or a wage coming in.

hijo

in my own clique
Pensioners In Turkey
..a turkish friend of ours retired at 50 and he gets around 550 lira month ,if he dies it is passed on to his wife ,(at a reduced rate) if she dies it goes to their eldest daughter..not a bad system ,a lot better than the uk when you die, your pension dies..(if you live long enough to get it):77wu:

hijo

in my own clique
Pensioners In Turkey
..could be in some cases ,my friend gets his at the end of every month..i think he would..struggle if it was every 3 months ..as that is their only income.:dizzy:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom