Pensioner's £67,000 power bill
That story regarding the pensioner is outrageous; but if you are referring to the plight of people losing their apartments etc caused by the Tapu scandal in Altinkum or Akbuk, these problems will never seem small.
People are losing their life savings in many cases.

Stop The Turkish Tapu Scandal! - Home

Mel.

johnfella

That story regarding the pensioner is outrageous; but if you are referring to the plight of people losing their apartments etc caused by the Tapu scandal in Altinkum or Akbuk, these problems will never seem small.
People are losing their life savings in many cases.

Stop The Turkish Tapu Scandal! - Home

Mel.

Hi Beachhhhhh .
I was refering our electric problems ( power cuts , prices , ect ) . In no way would I refer to peoples plight of loosing their property and life savings .

pldouglas

My mother is odd (in fact she is very odd) and also bought a house with no mains electricity supply, there never had been a supply to the property, just the old gas lights and an Aga for heating and cooking and a bucket down the well used as a fridge - don't ask!
She bought the property 25 years ago and she and her husband lived there apparently happily until he had heart surgery about 7 years ago. Being that he was now unwell they decided to enquire about having electricity put on, the house is remote, on the edge of Romney Marsh between Kent and Sussex and the nearest supply was about half a mile away, so it was going to cost them about £20.000 for the supply. They forgot the idea and carried on as usual.
A couple of years later a previously un-used property nearby was bought and restored and electricity installed, meaning that the supply was closer to thier property and they had electric installed for about £10.000.
At no point did they moan about the cost, they always maintained it was thier decision to live in such a remote place, they often said that if the electric was that important to them they could always move. They also often talked about the alternatives to mains electricity e.g. solar/wind/underground heat system - even oil if desperate.
Just putting foward an alternative point of view - allbeit from an entirely crazy old woman - my mother!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom