luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Pegasus via SAW to Stansted
Well we are back in UK
Just to update you on the Pegasus flight - the flights were excellent
( if a little boring )
The Bodrum flight left 20 min late - which meant there was little time for the connection - they were calling our flight immediatly as we got off the first flight - Pegasus are now in the new terminal so you DO NOT have to leave the building but it is a very long walk to pasport control and the boarding gates for the Sansted flight Unfortunatly we did not have time to go to Duty free as the queue for pasport control was very long and we were panicking a little that we would miss connection
We got on the plane and then had to wait half an hour to depart !!
But all was fine and no complaints with Pegasus this time
Arrived back to a very dull and rainy UK . :95im:

Hope you have a lovely time while you are here Sue. Enjoy the break and recharge your batteries for the new season, look forward to seeing you both in May x

JAYTEE

Pleased to hear that your journey went with very few hitches. Enjoy your time in the UK.

Janet

PS - I have emailed you.

johny

We also travelled on this route on 2nd December. I was a bit concerned about what would happen if the flight from Bodrum was delayed, as they only allow 50 minutes at SAW to get off the plane and to board the Stanstead flight. Despite leaving Bodrum approximately 15 minutes late, we still managed to make the connection, although the Police at Passport Control at SAW weren't the fastest thing you have ever seen.

At approximately £55 each for the one way flight (includes 25kg luggage allowance), I would definately use Pegasus again.

I did the same run, except on the outbound (Bodrum-Istanbul) part I flew THY to AHL in the morning so I could spend the day in Istanbul. If anyone decides to do that, don't even consider taking HAVAS from Istanbul to Sabiha Gokcen - there are frequent local busses from Kadikoy Iskelesi, so if you have time, enjoy ...

On the return, I was a bit concerned whether the flight would give a reasonable time for transfer between THY Int'l and Pegasus to Bodrum. On arriving at Stansted, they announced a delay, and, eventually, the Stansted-Istanbul flight left a full 90 minutes late. Even so, we landed on time (!) and connected with plenty of time to spare with the Bodrum flight, so if you are taking the flight back out of Stansted don't panic if it's running late - Kaptan Kirklareli will just go to warp drive 7 and get you there on time.

Stansted is, in my opinion, the better of the London airports for easy immigration / check-in without miles to walk, and fast (35 minute) connections to London. (It's also great for me as my son is at Summerhill in Suffolk, so I can hire a car and be there in 90 minutes.) If you are hiring a car and those pushy people at Budget try to sell you full cover insurance, take it: I managed to write off a Chevrolet last month and they gave me a replacement with no fuss or charge. (I even claimed back the petrol in the first car.)

All in all, the Stansted route is a good option, low priced and easy trip.

Bahar

Time is precious
Hi

I am flying with Pegasus next weekend to Antalya. Can anyone who flew through SAW to Bodrum, where did you have to get your visa.

Did you have to get your visa in SAW or in Bodrum as I assume it will be the same when going to Antalya.

Thanks

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
You need to get your visa in SAW airport -- desk easy to find - then on arrival at Antalya you just walk straight through - have a good flight

maggie

When you fly Bodrum Stanstead Via Istanbul do you fly from the Domestic or International Terminal at Bodrum please.

Hugs Maggie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Domestic terminal :)

NO not domestic !! -- Pegasus have their own check in desks at the International Terminal Bodrum --next to the outdoor cafe

On arrival at SAW airport they are now in the main Terminal so NO NEED to change at all !! - just quite a long walk if you only have 1 hour between flights like we did !!

lilacdiana

lilacdiana
So easy at the Pegasus departure part of the airport! Much nicer than in the main part, but def International side!

Di x

CJD

:(Sorry Dalaman is definately Domestic arriving in the
domestic part of the new SAW airport!! I thought Bodrum
was the same

maggie

On arrival at SAW airport they are now in the main Terminal so NO NEED to change at all !! - just quite a long walk if you only have 1 hour between flights like we did !!

Roughly how long a walk flights Im looking at have a hour margin between.

Hugs Maggie xx

Hi,
We have done this route several times both with Pegasus and we think Turkish airlines though that could have been the other Istanbul airport.

We were told on the Pegasus flight that if the first leg was late for whetever reason, the second plane would wait for you. This was from the girl on the check in desk as we were worried because the flight was leaving late. Speaking to other passengers in the lounge and thay said this was the case, but one guy who had done his first leg with someone else and we think easy jet, was told that he would not be waited for if he was late.

Are you coming over then Maggie? If you get the time, fancy meeting up for a cuppa?

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE

Roughly how long a walk flights Im looking at have a hour margin between.

Hugs Maggie xx

Well I have a back problem so can"t walk very quick -- we were panicking because as soon as we got off the 1st flight they were calling us for the 2nd - saying all passengers to board - we rushed like crazy -- no time for my duty free booze - then when we got in the departure area we had to wait 10 minutes and then on the plane a further 30 mins for late passengers !! But I can"t say if this flight would always wait !!

CJD

Our flight was 40 mins late arriving from Dalaman and it took over 1 hour
to queue to get through passport control and boarding control we then
sat on the plane for another 45 mins whilst the luguage was loaded, we
arrived at Stansted 2 hours late. As I stated in a previous post there are
5 internal flights arriving from all over turkey and 5 International flights
that leave all with a 1 hour turnaround its certainly hectic!!

We flew out with Pegasus on the 2nd January, from Stanstead. The flight was 1 1/2 hours late and we missed our transfer flight to Izmir as did the folk going to Ankara. The luggage took the same amount of time and they had to put us up ina hotel, after we had already booked one in Izmir as we wanted to see the city. They offered us a 6.30am flight or a 10.00am flight which we took. Today we have returned and were held up for 2 hours in Izmir. Fortunately we still got the train from Stanstead that we had previously booked. We did get extra leg room and the flights are ok but wish they wouldn't keep being delayed.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom