DtB

Pegasus via Istanbul to Bodrum
Anyone out there had experience of the Pegasus flights from Stansted to Bodders via Istanbul?
It's just that it only allows for a 1hr changeover in Istanbul and I don't know whether it's supposed to be a guaranteed connection or not. What happens if the first leg of the journey is delayed by 1hr? Do you get stuffed in Istanbul or does the connecting flight wait for you?
The flight could be useful for us but I don't fancy getting stuck in Istanbul.

tinkycarol

5 a day inspiration!
Hi DtB, there is loads of stuff re. Pegasus in the Planes, trains & automobiles section. Sorry, I do not know how to do a link. From what I have read there seems to be mixed feedback re. booking on the website and the actual flight itself but it seems the connecting flight waits for you at Istanbul - someone spoke of doing the walk of shame after their first flight was delayed and when they got on at Istanbul the passengers who'd had to wait for them were giving them daggers!
I imagine someone will be along shortly to give their account. Best of luck. Carol

Reactions: DtB
Hello DtB
I have done a connecting flight twice at istanbul and both times the plane waited for us. Having said that, we ran from the arrival gate to the new departure gate!
It seems common that they put the departure times of connecting flights very soon after arrival at istanbul. Is it possible that should you miss the connection, Pegasus would just put you on the next flight to Bodrum?

DtB

Is it possible that should you miss the connection, Pegasus would just put you on the next flight to Bodrum?

Could be, but I was more worried about the Istanbul/Stanners leg........
The complication for us is that we live in France and always finish up doing multi-leg flights to get to Bodders, either that, or, like last time, we drove 6hrs to Ostend and took a flight from there. The problem is always howtheh*ll to get out there in Winter............:flypig:

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Yes we travelled Pegasus in April --- please look at my post " PEGASUS - What a shambles " -- maybe we were just unlucky !!!

lilacdiana

lilacdiana
We are doing it that journey in a just over a week! Hope they have got there act together then!!!!

DtB

Yes we travelled Pegasus in April --- please look at my post " PEGASUS - What a shambles " -- maybe we were just unlucky !!!

Yep, I read it............... Sounds like a nightmare............
Obviously not as smooth as the last flight you and I travelled on together last year.....................:9:

We came out with Pegasus on the 29th December last, we found it to be fairly good flight no problem with the connecting flight and by the time you've been to the loo, got your visa, put hand luggage thru xray we were boarding.
We had a problem on the way back at Istanbul as the passport control was backlogged and the guy on our desk was training. The plane was held for us no problem.
I often fly with Turkish Airline whom I love and every time one of the planes is late but they connecting flight always waits for the passengers, as they know the names of the connecting passengers.
Good luck enjoy your flight.
By the way I emailed Pegasus and the flights for the winter will be released in August.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Yep, I read it............... Sounds like a nightmare............
Obviously not as smooth as the last flight you and I travelled on together last year.....................:9:

DID WE ????????????? :dooh:

DtB

I obviously left a lasting impression......................:9:

Mind you, I can't even remember when it was or where we were flying to but I remember we talked about your resto..................:hungry:

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
I obviously left a lasting impression......................:9:

Mind you, I can't even remember when it was or where we were flying to but I remember we talked about your resto..................:hungry:

Aww -- I am so sorry !! Call in to see us sometime-- I am sure I will remember when I see you
:438qr:

DtB

Will do..................
Might be in Sept/Oct the way things are looking but will call in........

Latest Posts

Top Bottom