Hilsjw

Pegasus : Pets on plane.
How very Turkish, not knowing what the right hand is doing !! Luckily you have good friends to look after Mitzi. Bring her back a nice little prezzie. Hils x

I have a suspicion someone somewhere has got confused as per usual. Surely if pets have are confrimed as rabies free and continue to have their booster every year wouldn't they continue to be rabies free???? xx

Jaycey

African Refugee
Top Poster Of Month
I have a suspicion someone somewhere has got confused as per usual. Surely if pets have are confrimed as rabies free and continue to have their booster every year wouldn't they continue to be rabies free???? xx

Ruling states must have lab blood test one month after jab.

Seems someone doesn't believe rabies jabs are 100% effective and likely this will be an international ruling :noidea:

Probably best to check with airline 3 months before departure :loco:

Bramidan

This I think is the point, how do you know the pet is rabies free if they haven't had a blood test?

This I think is the point, how do you know the pet is rabies free if they haven't had a blood test?

When the pets get their passport they would have already gone through the correct procedure. Rabies jab, blood test and chipped. After three months you get the result of the blood test, hopefully confirming the pets are rabies free. The passport should show a record of the annual booster jabs. I can understand airlines wanting a blood test done if the rabies booster hadn't been kept up to date. xx

Jaycey

African Refugee
Top Poster Of Month
Seems we’ve overcome our own problems re visas and non-biometric passports now some new ones!

We hear that some airlines won’t accept small cats & dogs (and ferrets :D:D) in the usual hard carry boxes, soft cases only.

Have any members had problems with this?

Jaycey

African Refugee
Top Poster Of Month
Problem solved ....

..................................... 0-02-05-7ac3664578f042cbf7054f45d240f95bb1c94f9c99a8d8ef806436500b9eb6a6_e542c117474e1d12.jpg

Jaycey

African Refugee
Top Poster Of Month
I think it is more to do with protection of the animal against sudden shocks but I don’t know why this is of concern to the carrier – before boarding the owner must sign a waiver releasing the airline of all responsibility in the event of injury to the pet.

shash

shash
As mentioned above it could be to save opening the box. They've had a few escapees at Antalya already this year. Also those carriers are much lighter.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Top Poster Of Month
As mentioned above it could be to save opening the box. They've had a few escapees at Antalya already this year. Also those carriers are much lighter.
Why would they want to open the box?
Official health documentation has already been submitted.

shash

shash
Why would they want to open the box?
Official health documentation has already been submitted.
This year when some cats and dogs (two separate occasions) they were taken out of their crates..... maybe to check there was nothing else in there.... I've no idea. But taken out they were and all hell let loose as you can imagine. If I remember correctly the dog still had a lead attached to it. I followed the FB post from the rescue centre that had rehomed these animals to Europe and they had a flight buddy with them. I've not to this day seen that the animals were recaptured. Very sad indeed.
Just hold your leash and harness tight.

Saoirse

When going through security the pets must be removed from the carrier which is then out through the X ray machine whilst you carry pet in your arms through normal scanner

Latest Posts

Top Bottom