lilacdiana

lilacdiana
Pegasus flights
Can any of you knowledgeable people help me please?!!

I am trying to book flights from London Stanstead to Bodrum on 2nd August for 14 days. I can book the outbound flights ok but can not get a flight back. The problem seems to be the Bodrum to Istanbul leg going back. It says no flights. I have tried to do it as a return and individually i.e Bodrum to Istanbul then Istanbul to Stanstead but still no joy.

I also thought that there were direct flights from Stanstead but I cant find those either!!

Any help would be great!!!

Di xxx

val2661

Pegasus flights
Di have you checked the box that asks if the dates are flexible? They don't fly every day Bodrum - Stansted. Val

barry budd

QPR MAN
Pegasus flights
High di
try cyprus turkish airline direct to bodrum from stansted
easy jet price at the moment is around £150 each way (keeps changing)

+ pegasus may not have released all there direct flights yet
good luck

Pegasus flights
can any one help with directions from int ,arivels to domestic departures at istanbul
with pegasus and do you have to transfer your own bags
thanks

CJD

Pegasus flights
The International part is upstairs and the domestic is down stairs,All in one building now the new terminal is open.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Pegasus flights
Pegasus have released their direct flight -- on a Sunday now from Stansted to Bodrum
I managed to find flights for the dates you want - tick the box for flexible dates

DtB

Pegasus flights
can any one help with directions from int ,arivels to domestic departures at istanbul
with pegasus and do you have to transfer your own bags
thanks

Bags are booked thru' to your end destination and normally you also get your boarding cards for both legs when you check-in for the first leg of your trip.

Pegasus flights
the stansted flight leaves before the connecting flight arrives you can fly back but only on the next day - over night in istanbul

Moggycat

Pegasus flights
Our flight with Pegasus from Stansted to Bodrum via Istanbul yesterday and today has to qualify as one of the worst we have encountered in many years of flights to and fro, at check-in Stansted we were told there would be a delay of about 30 minutes so we asked about the connecting flight and was told that they would wait for us or if the worst happened and the flight had gone, we would be very well looked after by Pegasus staff, so off we went to the departure lounge and there we waited patiently, had a coffee and a chocolate croisant, at last the plane from Istanbul had landed and we took off well over an hour late, fine, not too bad we thought and as we had only had the croisant, thought we would have a sandwich to keep us going from the Flying Cafe, when they got to us, there was no food left, not even a dried up sandwich, so we had a Kit Kat each from our bag. On landing in Istanbul, transfer passengers were told to go to the Pegasus desk, the flight to Bodrum had gone, not surprising as by now it was 2 hours after the flight time, at the desk, everyone was shouting in Turkish, German, English and French, no staff could tell us what was happening, it was utter chaos, eventually one Pegasus lad said follow me, we all had to go outside into the cold and wait while buses were organised to take us to a hotel for the night, lovely place only minutes away, but it took the reception staff of 4 people one and a half hours to book everyone in, by which time it was gone 11 pm and we had been told we would be picked up at 4 30 am to go back to the airport for 6 55 flight, no food was made available for us. For ? breakfast some of us were given a tiny bread roll with a slither of cheese and a bit of tomato courtesy of Pegasus and a glass of tea, we were then taken back to the airport at just after 5 am to begin the booking in again, we got on the plane at the right time were all settled and comfy and a member of cabin crew came along and said we all had to get off again, so back we were taken to the lounge and waited for them to find another plane for us, we eventually got to Bodrum at around 9.30 am having left home in England at 5 am the day before, not bad going, eh! And we thought the world was shrinking!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

DtB

Pegasus flights
Oh Dear....................... Sorry to hear abt your ordeal MC, sounds horrendous. It also makes me wonder abt the Stansted flight as I've heard tales from others who have had probs on that stretch. It certainly puts you off using Pegasus if you have an experience like that. Seems odd abt the food as normally it really is high class

I have a similar hatred of Air France where over many years I've had more lousy flights, missed connections etc than with anyone, but given my, up to date, experience with Pegasus from Bruxelles, I'll continue to use them....

And "Yes", Chinook (God !! I used to buy little black boxes for them in a previous life.........................) You clear Visas etc in Istanbul and your luggage at your end destination.............

Last edited by a moderator:
Pegasus flights
Hi Moggycat

Sorry to hear of your awful experience, what makes it worse is that it is not the first and neither will it be the last last bad experience that is reported from Stanstead with Pegasus.

I would prefer to use Stanstead myself but the stories put me off so every year we stick with Gatwick and Aegean Airlines. I am not saying that they are perfect but if you book the flight early (June 2009 for Hols in 2010) the prices are pretty good (£150.00) for a direct return to Bodrum. and we have only ever really had one delay worth talking about and then they gave us a voucher which covered a reasonable meal.

It might not suit everyone to fly from Gatwick, but I find that for the bit of extra driving time it is a much better option. I hope that you have better luck in future!

Kevin.

Marut

g3xjs
Pegasus flights
Hi Moggycat

Sorry to hear of your awful experience, what makes it worse is that it is not the first and neither will it be the last last bad experience that is reported from Stanstead with Pegasus.

I would prefer to use Stanstead myself but the stories put me off so every year we stick with Gatwick and Aegean Airlines.

Kevin.

I've only flown with Pegasus the once (Stansted - Istanbul - Bodrum, and back) and was sufficiently impressed to book with them again for our trip in May. So, sorry to hear about the problems and hope they're a rarity.

I've looked at Aegean's web site and can find no mention of Gatwick, or Bodrum. As far as I can see, they only fly from Heathrow, so where have I gone wrong?

Pegasus flights

Thanks for explaining Kevin

We keep an eye out every year and book as soon as we can for the next year.
If it hadn't been for the fact that we were a little slow off the mark we could have saved another £10 each

The flight we go for leaves about 11.00pm on a Friday night and gets us there at about 05.00am Turkish time, that suits us fine as we only live about 20 mins from the airport and by the time we have unpacked and had a cup of tea we can drive straight to Kippa for the groceries and the Efes!

DtB

Pegasus flights
The flight we go for leaves about 11.00pm on a Friday night and gets us there at about 05.00am Turkish time, that suits us fine as we only live about 20 mins from the airport and by the time we have unpacked and had a cup of tea we can drive straight to Kippa for the groceries and the Efes!

It's a hard life....................:fish2:

DtB

Pegasus flights
I'll light a candle for you next time I'm passing the church.......................

:95im:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom