SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Pebble Fund Thread
This is a place where people can indicate if they have donated for our friend and TLF member Pebble for her help with medications in her battle with cancer. If you don't donate or can't that's fine also but for those who would like to make record of their donations and comments this is the place.

Lets have some fun with Pebble raising some money for her cause.

I donated this month.

Biker Bob

Last edited:

PDM

Pebble Fund Thread
Ive donated , didnt want to advertise the fact but if it means others will donate too then its ok and I payed through the paypal option so I know its a safe and secure way to be able to donate when ever necessary.

Last edited:

nanamo

Pebble Fund Thread
I didnt want to brag either, I see it as helping a person in need and not some sort of competition but after reading about how Pebble's run of bad luck started I feel that I should add our names to the list all in a good cause. Come on Pebbles with the good wishes and positive thoughts from LTF members behind you you can see this off. Molly and Steve. x x

Martyn

Pebble Fund Thread
Ive donated £20, didnt want to advertise the fact but if it means others will donte to then its ok and payed through the paypal option so I know its a safe and secure way to be able to donate when ever necessary.

I didn't want to either but feel it will give the thread the impetus for people to donate.

Just in case people don't realise the thread we are relating to, it's this one below.

http://www.turkishliving.com/forums/back-room/25392-pebble.html

Last edited:

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Pebble Fund Thread
I am happy to donate, I hope many others do too to help. I won't say how much I have given because the amount is not relevant just the deed, Get well soon Pebble :biggrin1:

A very good point, the amount makes no difference. The support means the world though. Thanks irishmatelot

Biker Bob

Alan Fidler

Ceteris paribus
Pebble Fund Thread
As Pebble knows I'm not a regular visitor or poster but on this occasion i feel it right and correct to make myself known by making a donation for a very special friend... Pebble knows I've already made a big donation to her before her illness was diagnosed.... I hope this one helps swell the fund she deserves it.
Happy birthday Pebble.. my " boysgirl " lots of love and special hugs.

Alan.:3::blowkiss::blowkiss:

pebble

Pebble Fund Thread
Thank you dear friends.
I am so amazed at how all my friends have rallied round, i feel so blessed.
my children and family have been my rock of gibraltar. my sister hs been my saint.
my son, has taken it upon himself to be my advocate, and has been brilliant filling out all the forms, and finding funding for these meds that are so effin spendy. one medication that seems to be very important, anti seizxure meds, cost 300 dollars for a month supply. what happens when people cant afford it? do they just resign themselves to die?

the news today was fairly uplifting, a little puzzling, but hey...let's all puzzle on this together.....
the lung cancer is the 'NON SMOKING" KIND........go figure... they said they dont see this kind in smokers.......it is the slow growing....
but get this.....the brain cancer, you know those 8 tumors, that is a surprise, because they never see it in a 49 year old person, they see it in 80 year olds. they never would have been looking for those symptoms. in a person my age, they would have looked at migraines, hormones, stress, tenstion but never tumors

can you believe it???? what kind of **** is that?

i keep thinking, i went in for an effin headache and came out with stage 4 cancer, it is unbelievavle.......im too young......my kids need me, and i have a **** load of stuff i havent done yet.......i still have to go conquer the east (turkey) and empower the women there, how am i going to do that if i am not feeling energizxed?????

aaayyyyy yaaayyy yaaaayyyy

anyway, i am so thankful for your best wishes, thoughts, prayers, encouragement, it really is helping me, and when i feel down, i will just pull up this post and re-invegorate my sefl

oh yea....the radialogist said i would loose one or 2 iq points.......my sis said, shooo people loose that with just a night out drinking.....so we went out and had a couple of martinis......

cheers to you all

rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
Pebble Fund Thread
Nice to come up to date with your latest Pebble, keep up the positive and all will be well.

I am all in favour and have donated but I find the original theme of this post offensive, to me a smacks of a means test. Why ask people how much they have given, what the hell does it matter

Martyn

Pebble Fund Thread
Nice to come up to date with your latest Pebble, keep up the positive and all will be well.

I am all in favour and have donated but I find the original theme of this post offensive, to me a smacks of a means test. Why ask people how much they have given, what the hell does it matter

Don't want this thread to go downhill so I have deleted the amount as you are offended by it. As long as the donations keep coming that is all that matters.

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Pebble Fund Thread
A hugely worthwhile donation as we know it will really go to helping Pebble.

I don't want to cause any offence either but the idea of publishing how much and who is not a good one and will cause many to feel uncomfortable.

On the real subject, I personally find Pebble's attitude in the face of this truly humbling - it puts a lot of things into perspective.

My thoughts and hopes are with you Pebble - take care.

C

Pebble Fund Thread
Thank you dear friends.
I am so amazed at how all my friends have rallied round, i feel so blessed.
my children and family have been my rock of gibraltar. my sister hs been my saint.
my son, has taken it upon himself to be my advocate, and has been brilliant filling out all the forms, and finding funding for these meds that are so effin spendy. one medication that seems to be very important, anti seizxure meds, cost 300 dollars for a month supply. what happens when people cant afford it? do they just resign themselves to die?

the news today was fairly uplifting, a little puzzling, but hey...let's all puzzle on this together.....
the lung cancer is the 'NON SMOKING" KIND........go figure... they said they dont see this kind in smokers.......it is the slow growing....
but get this.....the brain cancer, you know those 8 tumors, that is a surprise, because they never see it in a 49 year old person, they see it in 80 year olds. they never would have been looking for those symptoms. in a person my age, they would have looked at migraines, hormones, stress, tenstion but never tumors

can you believe it???? what kind of **** is that?

i keep thinking, i went in for an effin headache and came out with stage 4 cancer, it is unbelievavle.......im too young......my kids need me, and i have a **** load of stuff i havent done yet.......i still have to go conquer the east (turkey) and empower the women there, how am i going to do that if i am not feeling energizxed?????

aaayyyyy yaaayyy yaaaayyyy

anyway, i am so thankful for your best wishes, thoughts, prayers, encouragement, it really is helping me, and when i feel down, i will just pull up this post and re-invegorate my sefl

oh yea....the radialogist said i would loose one or 2 iq points.......my sis said, shooo people loose that with just a night out drinking.....so we went out and had a couple of martinis......

cheers to you all

Pebs
That was a fantastic post and one of the most heartwarming I have seen here in 3 years.
It puts things into perspective when some of us argue and get worked up about stupid minor things in life.
Take care of yourself xx
Tel

:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

Last edited:

pebble

Pebble Fund Thread
its a new day.......my real birthday, no more moping about going in with a headache, time to take action and get things done.
gotta start planning a healthy menu plan, what i can eat and drink. all the doctors are soplease that i had some extra (dont mind admitting........) weight. people who are heavier, chunkier, fatter etc have a better chance of recoverevry, i guess it makes sense, if you have it to loose, you can afford to loose it;.... and here i was bummed out that i couldnt loose any weight these past 4 months, guess there was a areason.,

thanks guys for all your help and ecouragement, it really has (turly it has) lifted me up.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom