Payment Demand 8th September 2009
Hi all,

Afetr having returned from the Hillside early this am, I have just received the same e.mail many others of you will find in your inboxes this afternoon.

There goes the central filtration and meter plus other requests again !!!!

Not only that but we receive a clear threat of an interest imposition too to those buyers who have not made their final and all of the other payments requested therein should full payment not be received by 15th September !!!

Over to you folks

Ps, There was no change to the landscaping from my previous visit two weeks ago. When I asked why the landscaping had not been continued to Kronos C, the response from Ufuk was " next week " - Hmmmm.

Interesting issue about the disposal of the rubbish too, seems there are many issues to be taken forward

Best wishes to you all

Steve:laser:

Jon & Mia

Dear All

Please pay me £500 for the nice photos I posted on this forum

I know none of you asked me to post them - in fact many specifically told me you would not pay even if I did post them , but I posted them anyway so you must all pay me.

If you don't pay me by the end of next week I will charge you all 90% interest.

Oh, and if you pay me in Pounds - I will give you a receipt for the same figure but in Turkish Lira.

(I thought I would give this a go because Ufuk seems to think it will work )

Regards
Jon

EVELYNNE

evelynne
only difference with your offer jon, is that we will get the photos !

Aliwal9

Lyn and Len
I sent the following to Utku don't know if anything will come of it.

Hi Utku

Surely the supply of clean, fresh water to any type of domicille in particular a complex such as Ufuk Hillside is primarily the developers responsibility. Without this I find it hard to believe a habitation certificate would be granted. Would you please explain why the responsibility of supplying clean water has been passed over to the buyers. If the area is known for the condition of the water then the clarification (cleaning) of this water should of been planned for in the original design of the complex.

I design and draw up plans for industrial purposes mines, quarries cement works and this is always our responsibility as builders, there is always office blocks etc which creates a similar set of circumstances.
I think this deserves a bit of research into the Turkish building regulations.

We have not yet had our first stay at the complex yet we are expected to pay for design problems or lack of forethought.

Regards

len Platten

juco

Without this I find it hard to believe a habitation certificate would be granted

Bear in mind the laws are different we are talking two different countries.

As far as I am aware habitation only requires a sound build on the main structure and a supply of water and elec. Apparently the build can get habitation even if the windows are not in and is pretty much a shell as long as the water & elec are there.
Worth bearing in mind that up until a couple of years ago many builds in akbuk had a mains supply of `sea water` not fresh water, so I dont think some silt will phase the authorities.
I dont think Utku will be the least bit interested even if you built the empire state building, as long as they get money and more money, and then some more.
Dont be surprised if it costs more to finish the landscaping, as for waste disposal is there anything in you contract about how or where that will be done?

lakegl

I don't know if any of you noticed but the email about payments showed all of our names, email addresses and apartment numbers!
Something else to talk to Utku about.
Will we ever get a real holiday?!
Nice one, Jon!
Oh, well hours to go now and we are looking forward to seeing other hillsiders very soon.
Glenda and Keith

I don't know if any of you noticed but the email about payments showed all of our names, email addresses and apartment numbers!
Nice one, Jon!
Oh, well hours to go now and we are looking forward to seeing other hillsiders very soon.
Glenda and Keith

I once got and email from utku for someone else and attached was his bank account detail numbers and statements

Nice one, Jon!
Glenda and Keith

Hiya guys.

Yes, we noticed that Ufuk has now been good enough to give us everyones e-mail address. We don't have an issue with that but are fully aware that some people quite rightly don't give their address to all and sundry. I would never give anyones details out unless specifically given the go ahead from the person concerned. Have they not heard of 'blind copy'. Andrew is going over at the end of the month and this is yet another thing that will definitely be brought up.

We also had the payment demand....but you all know that don't you!!. The strange thing is...we have never had a bill. I know there has been lots of chat on here about it but I didn't realise it was all signed and sealed that we would be paying this amount. And how much is it for anyway?? If they don't bill us, surely thay can't expect us to pay. Yeah right!!

We have has some good times there and look forward to going back. We live in hope that it will all come right at some time. We have been promised our Tapu on the last 2 previous visits. It is all paid for so perhaps we should charge UFUK interest for the length of time he has had OUR money.

Hi all.

As the deadline for the payment demand to avoid interest etc draws nearer, may I ask what stance others are going to be taking ?

I too have never received any bill therefore, am in the same boat as the remainder i.e. no bill = not a clue as to what it is I am supposed to be paying !!!

In addition to that, if the water filtration system has supposedly been installed then, the effect of that ain't reached Kronos C by any stretch of the imagination as there was absolutely no difference in the water pressure when I was there lat week.

Is this the same scenario for the remainder of the Hillsiders or is Kronos C in isolation with regards to this element ?

Personally, I am going to make sure that I come out there when a thunderstorm is expected and am going to take me wee bar of soap outside to get a proper shower !!!! Anyone care to join me to hold the soap ?

Advice on the payment situation would be appreciated in order that we can make sure that we are all singing from the same song sheet.

Best wishes to you all

Steve

Hi,

Filtration system does nothing to the pressure only removes the silt from water supply. We are Zeus E cannot get closer to water tank than us but we still like u have no decent water pressure for the shower. Have PM u re payments as don't think this info should be on open forum. Happy to share to other on PM.

Regards Chris and Karen

Jon & Mia

For my part - I did get a bill for the money - along with a number of other items such as maintenance charge. I have paid what I owed but as I have never agreed to the money for the water system I refused payment for that.
I have a contract which states what the cost of the appartment is - and I have paid that sum - There is nothing in the contract which says they can change the price after we have signed / paid - even if they add or amend anything.
I think that the stance everyone should be taking is to speak with their individual solicitors who are supposed to be working on your behalf in the purchase of your appartment.
In this country I know the builders wouldn't have a leg to stand on, but this is Turkey.
If we give in on this point what is to stop them coming back for more . Next time it could be £1000 or £2000.
If we get no protection from the legal system we should make sure any prospective clients we bump into on site are given this forum address so they know what they are getting into.

Jon

Madwife

Just got back today. No; the water pressure (and supply) is no better. The only good thing about coming home is having a shower standing still as opposed to running around to get wet.

Aligash

Whilst we were there a couple of weeks ago, we met Glenda and Keith and others. I mentioned that I had spoken to Utku and the issue of water pressure was discussed among other issues. Utku had assured me that a bigger water tank was going to be installed, and I did state that It should be installed higher up. If this is done then the pressure and supply should improve significantly.

I am not paying for any filteration system, as it has not improved my water supply and not in my contract.

I also mentioned the rubbish issue and wild boars! he said that the rubbish is dumped there and is also collected by the council from there. This needs to be verified as I never saw any collection lorries!

In general we had a lovely time and we entertained some friends who visited us and were amazed by the locality and view.

Just one more issue with Apollon pool. Due to people using sun creams and using the pool, the water turned very murky and dirty. The cleaning system is not coping well if a lot of people using the pool. We however used Zeus's pool which was clear and lovely.

Alistair

Last edited:

Jon & Mia

That is something I never thought about before - there is no shower at the pool to allow people to wash off sun cream before they enter. Mind you with the water pressure in the appartments as it is I guess there would be a queue for the shower every morning !

Aliwal9

Lyn and Len
We will be over on Sunday 4th October for our first stay and would like to know if anyone has paid for the filtration system as this may negate any refusal on legal grounds. If any of you know if someone has been soft and paid could you let us know,obviously no names required just a yes or no.
I do not agree with this payment but would prefer not to be the only one refusing.

DreamOfTurkey

I think at times people just feel that because you are a foreigner then you have tons of money. Might help to have a native Turkish attorney speak to them on your behalf also.

Marian

like the majority of you, i aint paying no £250. no way no how. Ufuk makes the the changes and expects us just hand over money without any consideration. they install metres without asking if anyone wants one, that was not in the contract and now a water system, again no consultation.

what about those who have already got TAPU, do they have to pay this too?

We will not be paying for the filtration system either, should be correct in the first place. Our water pressure is fine, we are in Apollon G7. We did have problems with water and found out that the meter was broken and was not letting the water through. Had new meter installed, since then fine. Would suggest you get Utku to check all the meters installed for any faults.

Regards

Ian and Alison

Latest Posts

Top Bottom