Question for you

Kanga

Paying Water bill in Calis
When you have a meter reading for electricity the bill tells you how much and when it will be collected. I get a message from Is-bank every week to confirm any DDMs due/collected, with the amount. No-one can take any more than the stated amount. I would imagine that all TC banks are signed up to international banking standards.
I'd like to know more about your comments please Elif 'they don’t trust direct debits and rightly so.'
When you say 'rightly' you suggest there's a major problem. I've had a current a/c for bills since 2002 with Is-bank without any problems.

Tell us what you know.

When you have a meter reading for electricity the bill tells you how much and when it will be collected. I get a message from Is-bank every week to confirm any DDMs due/collected, with the amount. No-one can take any more than the stated amount. I would imagine that all TC banks are signed up to international banking standards.
I'd like to know more about your comments please Elif 'they don’t trust direct debits and rightly so.'
When you say 'rightly' you suggest there's a major problem. I've had a current a/c for bills since 2002 with Is-bank without any problems.

Tell us what you know.
Many people here don’t use direct debits because they don’t trust them.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
No evidence of wrong doings by banks then! The only issue that we have had in around 20 years is that they did not pay the last electricity bill, so we got a warning of being cut off in 5 days. It was only 34TL too.

enoch

No evidence of wrong doings by banks then! The only issue that we have had in around 20 years is that they did not pay the last electricity bill, so we got a warning of being cut off in 5 days. It was only 34TL too.
Same here none payment one time never over payment. Like Kanga said they inform you a few days before how much and when they pay.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
The reason trhat we went down the DD path was that when we were only over here for the summer period we could not pay the electricity bill when we got it. There was a first pay date about 10 days ahead, and we would not be in Turkey at that time.

cigliboy

We have the bills shown on our Garanti bank internet but recently we have had no bill to pay for either electric or water or gas !

We are in the UK for several months and everything is switched off,so could this be why we have no bills to pay ?

I worry that the system may have gone awry as I tried to pay them via HSBC internet banking but it says there is no bill to pay.

Is it a simple as no use no bill ?

We were in Turkey in October. We had a small water bill in November, but since then no electric or water bills.
I have checked online via my internet banking & I have also checked the electric on the electric companies website.
I don't think that many meter readers have been out, so no bills are getting generated

cigliboy

We were in Turkey in October. We had a small water bill in November, but since then no electric or water bills.
I have checked online via my internet banking & I have also checked the electric on the electric companies website.
I don't think that many meter readers have been out, so no bills are getting generated
Thats interesting to hear,but i guess there there would be something to pay on each of them ???

Standing charges maybe ?

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
As far as I know there are no standing charges for electricity in Turkey. We often get bills which state 'little consumed, bill cannot be calculated' as we generate out own, nothing to pay. In the winter we sometimes consume a little from the mains.

cigliboy

On our site if there is no usage then there is no bill left.
Meters are being read.
Thank you for your knowledge !
So even the water bill has no added extras ??
I recall seeing small additions for taxes unrelated to the usage ??

Latest Posts

Top Bottom