Passport time left worry
Hi there
I bought my visa 2nd May 2017 but didn't use until July 2017 for 14 days. Now I am going to Turkey again 11 days in Sept still on a valid visa. But my passport has me wondering if I will still be ok as it Expires Jan 2018 . I know Turkey used to have a 3 month validity rule from when you used to get the 3 month visa stamps and I read they changed to now with e-visa you must have an additional 60 days after visa expires which I have still.

Will I be ok as I don't want to send away passport now as so close to already booked holiday and my e-visa is still valid on old passport.

Please can someone clarify for me.

Many thanks
Crystalclear

oldfogy

Just passing through
Passport time left worry
Hi there
I bought my visa 2nd May 2017 but didn't use until July 2017 for 14 days. Now I am going to Turkey again 11 days in Sept still on a valid visa. But my passport has me wondering if I will still be ok as it Expires Jan 2018 . I know Turkey used to have a 3 month validity rule from when you used to get the 3 month visa stamps and I read they changed to now with e-visa you must have an additional 60 days after visa expires which I have still.

Will I be ok as I don't want to send away passport now as so close to already booked holiday and my e-visa is still valid on old passport.

Please can someone clarify for me.

Many thanks
Crystalclear
Yes the rules have changed and you now need a passport that is valid for 8 months (6 months plus 60 days) after entering Turkey.
So you will be better renewing your passport early not forgetting you can renew a passport up-to 9 months before the expiry date of which will then be credited a maximum of 9 months onto the new passport.
BUT make sure you carry both passports because the evisa number will not coincide with the new passport or imply buy a new evisa with the new passport details to allay ant worries or concerns.
Although the official site FAQs are still showing the old requirement of:
Your travel document must be valid for at least 6 months from the date you intend to enter Turkey. Depending on your nationality, there may be additional requirements. You will be informed of these requirements after you select your nationality and travel dates.

Spurs

Spurs
Passport time left worry
TBH I think I would cover all bases, its a long way to go to get turned back.
Just a thought but is that not checked at the airport when your outward bound from the UK?

oldfogy

Just passing through
Passport time left worry
TBH I think I would cover all bases, its a long way to go to get turned back.
Just a thought but is that not checked at the airport when your outward bound from the UK?
No nothing is checked at the UK end, apart from you having a ticket to board.

Passport time left worry
I have taken this from the Turkish visa information for foreigners within Visa Information For Foreigners / Rep. of Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs
As of 1 January 2015, in accordance with the article 7.1b of “the Law on Foreigners and International Protection” no. 6458, foreigners wishing to enter Turkey should carry a travel document (passport) with an expiration date at least 60 days beyond the “duration of stay” of their visa, e-Visa, visa exemption, or residence permit.

The citizens of the countries which are stated at the below link are exempted form this Article;

Example A: In order to enter Turkey having a visa with 90 days “duration of stay”, foreigners should hold a travel document valid at least for an additional 60 days which totals to 150 days (90 days + 60 days) of validity at the time of entrance.

Example B: In order to enter Turkey having a visa with 30 days “duration of stay”, foreigners should hold a travel document valid at least for an additional 60 days which totals to 90 days (30 days + 60 days) of validity at the time of entrance."

So the way I read that is my visa expires 28-10-17 and passport 21-01-18 which is above the required 60 days as mentioned above unless I am missing something else ?

juco

Passport time left worry
As usual there will always be confusing versions with Turkey, best to play safe and renew.

Thomsons....Passports & Visas

Your passport will need to be valid for at least 6 months after the date you arrive in Turkey and at least 3 months after the date you leave the country. Your passport must also be valid for 60 days beyond the expiry date of your Turkish visa.

British citizens need a visa to travel to Turkey. You can apply for a visa online at www.evisa.gov.tr before you go. It costs US$20, payable by VISA/Mastercard debit or credit card only.

If you need assistance applying for your visa, we recommend the Travel Visa Company. That said, other suppliers are also available.

oldfogy

Just passing through
Passport time left worry
Top Bottom