Passport requirements
Does anyone know if you still need 6 months clear on your British passport to visit Turkey for a week.

Passport requirements
i,ve just noticed mine finishes in july and i have chance to travel next friday ( and the flights are a good price ) Do you think its worth the risk to try and travel on it , they will see i visited 4 times last year ?

i can,t get an appointment anywhere to renew in person for2 weeks

Last edited by a moderator:

Peregrine

Passport requirements
most countries require you to have 6 months remaining.

silly you to have left it too late

:35:

Passport requirements
this happened my dad he arrived at the airport and the check in guy noticed it was out of date a few days after he was due home, he checked with the airline and it was ok. getting the visa in turkey no comment was made on it and he had his holiday:)

lottie

Passport requirements
You still have time to apply for a new passport,i have just had mine posted back only took three weeks and they added on the extra months because mine was due to expire august.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Passport requirements
To be on the safe side, Yes, my friend sent his last Tuesday to Liverpool for a renewal and it came back Tuesday 28th, only took a week.

Lindacm

Passport requirements
i,ve just noticed mine finishes in july and i have chance to travel next friday ( and the flights are a good price ) Do you think its worth the risk to try and travel on it , they will see i visited 4 times last year ?

i can,t get an appointment anywhere to renew in person for2 weeks

Try renewing it with the post office...they used to offer a quicker service if you paid a small amount extra. Might be worth a try.

Linda

EVELYNNE

evelynne
Passport requirements
my husband just renewed his and took a week to come back. If you put your date of travel on it, they should oblige,

You will be stuck though if it does come back.

jaimie

Passport requirements
If you phone the passport helpline 0800 056 6654 they will advise you, I'm not a 100% sure but you can get a new one in about 2 days if you make an appt and visit their offices, but you must make an appt; and it costs about £100 ish. My daughter had to do it about 2 yrs ago, but she had to go to Liverpool from London to get it done.

Peregrine

Passport requirements
If you phone the passport helpline 0800 056 6654 they will advise you, I'm not a 100% sure but you can get a new one in about 2 days if you make an appt and visit their offices, but you must make an appt; and it costs about £100 ish. My daughter had to do it about 2 yrs ago, but she had to go to Liverpool from London to get it done.

useful advice

but £100 sort of negates the cheap flights. Bummer!

:moonie:

Passport requirements
Hi,

We flew to Turkey in February and Andrew only had just about 4 months on his passport. We didn't have any problems anywhere.

He renewed it on our return and got it back in less than 3 weeks. But things may be a bit busier now with the holiday season looming.

Passport requirements
yes,i had five months left on my passport but had to get a new one.i was annoyed because my new passport was valid from when i applied and not 10 years from when my old one expired. i lost out on nearly five months.

maxine366

Passport requirements
I had to have a new passport because i didn't have the 6 months left when i was traveling, posted off and it was returned within a week, and i ended up with 10years and 5 months.
Suggets you send it 1st class and im sure you will get it back in time.
Is it worth the chance of not being able to fly home? mmmmm May be it is worth that chance!!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom