paddye17

Passport Photos
Hi everyone,

I need to get some new passport photos - is there anywhere in Yalikavak (or Bodrum) that does them?? Haven't seen any passport photo booths over here......

Thanks,

Paddy

PASH

Passport Photos
There was a photo shop just along from Yali travel who did ours two years ago for the POA, might still be there

paddye17

Passport Photos
Thanks very much for the replies - much appreciated.

Have checked with the British Consulate, ordinary passport photos are fine: they use the photo to create biometric details (based on the distances of your facial features etc!) and embed these details into your passport.

Thanks again.......

RichnKim

We've Made It!
Passport Photos
They don't generally have booths over here.
You just go into a normal photoshop and they will have a 'studio like' area where you sit in a chair and they take your photo.
In Ortaca we pay 5ytl for 4 passport size photos and in Dalyan we pay 5ytl for 6 passport size photos.
They normally can take between 10mins and 2hrs depending on how busy they are.

Richnkim

Passport Photos
Make sure they do them to the strict requirements of the biometric passport (as laid down on the Passport Agency website). The head and shoulders ones that I have had done in the past here for residency permits, official forms etc do NOT meet the new passport requirements. If you are in any doubtg I suggest you print off the requirements which actually have a diagram of the facial size as well as actual sizes. It is not the size of the picture that is the issue its the size of the face on it!
The standards for passport photos - Identity and Passport Service

Last edited:

Carnsoreboxer

Carnsoreboxer
Passport Photos
We too had to get some in past fortnight. On way to Bodrum, at Gumbet or Bitez turn can't remember which, there is a new statue of horseman in middle of junction. Park your car at Curtain shop also Notar no 4, right had side, walk behind shop, turn right and continue for approx 10 mins you will come to photographer. He will do them on spot and wasn't expensive

Hope this helps

waterbaby

Passport Photos
There is a photo booth in kippa but the photo shop in Yalikavak just down from the taxi rank does passport pics too, he did mine and was very good making sure it was the right measurements. I dont remember the exact price i thin it was something like 8tl or 16 photo's and they were ready within 5 mins. Good luck

paddye17

Passport Photos
Thanks everyone - v useful to know about the strict requirements for the biometric passports - and for where to get the photos done.

Useful forum this!
:roundgrin

Passport Photos
i have to advise you again Paddy photos that were acceptable two years ago are no goodç..photo booth pics are no good..you have to have biometric pics .

paddye17

Passport Photos
Thanks Shirley - absolutely right. Have printed off the official guidance on photo dimensions etc (and thanks Villabaris for the same pointer).

Think all should be fine now - let's see how we get on at the Consulate!

tomc1984

Passport Photos
The woman in the photo shop just down from the Dolmus station in Yalikavak is lovely and speaks very good English.

waterbaby

Passport Photos
Good luck paddye, the british cons in bodrum are right pains in the bum when it comes to getting your passport. Althought i do have to say i got mine back within 4 days(and that inc bayram too),Blooming expensive though but when its got to be , its got to be done.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Passport Photos
The Kodak shop in Yalikavak village is excellent - I had mine done there last December
Instant shots on the pc - can edit etc -- cost me 10 tl for 15 photos - they excepted for my passport renewal with no problem at all

paddye17

Passport Photos
Ta very much. Have had photos done in Yalikavak. Off to Bristish Consulate next - hope all will be tickitiboo.....

Thanks Sue and all for very helpful local advice.

Just had very dramatic thunderstorm. What an amazing country!!

Nite nite all........

Helenm150

Passport Photos
Hi, can anyone talk me through the procedure for renewing British passport in Bodrum - mine expires April 2010. Many thanks, Helen

JML

Passport Photos
Hi, can anyone talk me through the procedure for renewing British passport in Bodrum - mine expires April 2010. Many thanks, Helen

If you go to the web page for British Consulate Bodrum you can get all the info and download the application form and everything else you need to know.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom