Roymags

Passport not stamped
Hi Guys
I’m hoping one of you knowledgeable people will have a solution to my problem.
My better half and I have recently driven down from the uk to Side. The trip down was easy with no problems at all.
On arrival in Side I was putting together our paperwork for our Residence Permit application and noticed my passport has not been stamped on entry.
I’m guessing this will cause a problem with my RP application and also when I try to leave Turkey.
Does anyone have any suggestions of what I can do to rectify this?
I also plan to fly back to uk soon to get my Covid booster when I get the invite. Any advice great fully received.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Passport not stamped
I can only suggest that you make a report to the relevant authorities - my first arrival in Turkey wasn’t so very different.

I make a practice of being the last to leave the plane but when I reached overhead for my hand luggage (containing a wad of cash & documents) it wasn’t there but another similar bag with an address label was close by !

I sprinted thru immigration & customs disregarding shouts from officials and jumped into a cab heading for the address on the bag label and then a long drive to the other side of Istanbul just in time to see another cab arriving. I confronted the ‘lady’ that had taken my bag but she was far from contrite, no apology nor an offer to pay my considerable cab fare. But at least I got my bag back unopened.

Then returned to the airport where I went straight to immigration and received a minor slap on the wrist and a stamp on my passport.

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Passport not stamped
Hi Guys
I’m hoping one of you knowledgeable people will have a solution to my problem.
My better half and I have recently driven down from the uk to Side. The trip down was easy with no problems at all.
On arrival in Side I was putting together our paperwork for our Residence Permit application and noticed my passport has not been stamped on entry.
I’m guessing this will cause a problem with my RP application and also when I try to leave Turkey.
Does anyone have any suggestions of what I can do to rectify this?
I also plan to fly back to uk soon to get my Covid booster when I get the invite. Any advice great fully received.
Go to the local police make a report.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Passport not stamped
They should be able to see from their system, you may have a problem if your are driving. The insurance company will not pay out without a copy of your last entry stamp (if you are on a foreign driving licence). I just hope that they do not make you travel back to your port of entry!

SLEEPY

Passport not stamped
Your entry to Turkey will be recordered in the system even if the immigration officer forgot to stamp your passports.
On entry to a Turkish border crossing your car plate is reordered by cameras.
Your first stop/check is immigration where your passports would normally be stamped.
The second check/stop is customs where they will input the car and driver details.
Sometimes they DO NOT stamp the entry / exit date of the car in the drivers passport but its in the system. After that the customs guys check your car for contraband.
Before you exit the border crossing your car is checked out of the border area (usually by an officer in a hut)
I would suggest that you visit your local immigration office and get your passport stamped..
If by some chance your passport details or not in the system you can prove your date and point of entry from the date of entry of your car.
Hope this helps.

Roymags

Passport not stamped
Thanks guys.
Sounds like my problem can be sorted.
I’ll talk to local police and the nearest customs office.
Thanks again for your help.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom