bobthenob

Non Active Member
passing the time
For the one’s that have got time on their hands,either from retirement or have enough capital to live on here in Turkey.Does make me wonder what do you do with your lives here.
I generally just potter around working in the garden and indoors playing with the computer.l also help others with their gardens and give them advice on what to grow and how to maintain a garden.This is all after l take my dog out for a walk.

Now the weather is warming up the sea is a welcoming sight for those morning dips

butt007

Warren
passing the time
I dunno where the days seem to go they just pass on by so quickly! I don't get out of my pit till 10ish, maybe we'll go into Alanya to the bank or maybe Konakli get back and then walk the dog. Spend time on the computer (as you do) back out on the balcony for a cuppa and fag, and, errr it's time time for tea/dinner, walk dog again, get back, hey! whats on telly! oh rubbish again. Oh well back on computer again to see what's happening in the world, oh eck! same old things, what time is it 11.45pm? already? Ah well back to bed, hey, ho, another busy day, snoorrrre.
Warren

dalyansteve

passing the time
I have often wondered, who on earth has time to work, there is so much to see and do. Especially if you have an old house like mine.

matty

passing the time
Well get up at about 7.am:34: feed the birds and the cat thats waiting on the garage roof, and then the doves that are waiting on the wall.
Next walk Rex on his own, then return and walk the other five dogs, then feed them all.
house work, pool, gardening etc,.. Oh its time to walk and feed the dogs again!
7.30pm all dogs in bed, then its time to feed the street cats that visit each night.
9pm time to feed the family of hedgehogs that come into the garden every night!
Would like to have time to get bored!!!:bored:

Harem

I've cliqued
passing the time
I get up at 6 each morning and before I know it it's about half past midnight and time to go to bed!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Manda

passing the time
I'm the same. I just don't know where the time goes. I used to work 13 hours a day before retiring to Turkey. I couldn't fit it in now. Get up about 8.30am, go on computer, go to Bim for food, go for a walk, have a swim, meet up with friends.
Whenever you make plans they all go out of the window cos you bump into someone & it all changes. Haven't even found time to go to the beach yet this year!
Wouldn't change it for the world.

pldouglas

passing the time
This is a nice thread - keep it going please.
I have to admit that, in times past, when we have spent several weeks at our place in Turkey, one of the things that got me a bit fed up was that I didn't seem to have enough to do! Yet I don't go out to work in UK so life should be pretty much the same whichever place I was in. However, in GB I never stop, gardening (half an acre to sort) maintaining the house (decorated a hallway today) dog walking (2-3 miles per day) plus all the general housework/shopping etc plus doing the various chores for our business and taking the calls/enquires for same.
Got it sorted now - I just send the dearly beloved out to Turkey for a few weeks leaving me to get ahead of myself back in UK. Suits me - and its lovley when he comes home!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom