teresa

Free Thinker
Parsnips
Well I just have to say that my parsnips have been fabulous this year and now Tender and True are going to be the only variety I plant in Autumn.

A friend gave me some seeds last year and I was a bit dubious because they are long and thin (also for veg shows) and I was not sure they would go through the soil. They were great with hardly any forking growing 12-14 inches long. Clean, white, easy to peel and taste great.

We did have a lot of rain this year and that may have been the reason for such a success. Planted in mid October and cropped in May.

Parsnip : Tender & True (Seeds)

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Parsnips
l am a geat lover for growing parsnips.l used to grow the old variety called little gem.And "Boy",these babies were not little when l harvested them.They were thick and long and very tender.

Sylvia

Parsnips
Teresa thanks for this link
I have ben tying to grow parsnips and swede swince March from seed no luck maybe i need to wait until mid October for me next go, my salad pots, red peppers, garlic and toms ae all doing well in me little allotment, having never had a ved patch before

Parsnips
ooh thanks teresa i love parsnips so maybe i will have a go this winter.
do you remember Jen (mad Cow) she promeised me some parsnip seeds and sent some off before she died..they never arrived. Afterwards there were more parsnip seeds among her belongings and her son gave some to Emmy(harem) and she posted some off to me ..they too never arrived..maybe the postman fancied them.
So now im going to try and get hold of some of the ones you have been successful with ..

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Parsnips
It got a packet of parsnip seeds from Jen. She gave then to me in exchange for collecting and delivering a truck load of coal and wood to her just a few weeks before she died.

teresa

Free Thinker
Parsnips
I do remember Jen and I remember her often and fondly, partly because we sit on her Turkish sofas on the veranda. I never actually met her face to face but I loved her stories and banter. The sofas do cause me to remember her, reflect on life and what cards you may be dealt along the way.

I can get you some seeds Shirley if you want, although I will have to post them to you LOL. I can't promise results but they have certainly worked for me.

Parsnips
hmm..thanks teresa..i wonde if you would have as much success as Jen and Emmy with the postman....ive had all sorts ofthings through the post...its only the parsnip seeds that never get here. ..i wonder why? we will have to get a Miss Marples on the forum.

Harem

I've cliqued
Parsnips
Well, Shirley, if Homes and What'son can't solve it we just have to hope that Miss Marble can!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom