JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Parking Ticket
Anyone had a ticket for parking in a disabled bay in supermarket car park? Got one yesterday at Sainsburys, £25. badge must have fallen to the floor when i shut the door. Are these things legal in scotland? To say i am raging is an understatement Aghhhhhhhh.

Jeannie

Harem

I've cliqued
Parking Ticket
I'n sure that if you take the badge to where you have to go to pay the find they will cancel the parking ticket, Jeannie. However, I do agree with fining able bodied people who needlessly park in disabled bays.

gerald

Parking Ticket
Have a browse through FightBack Forums there is lots of good advice there. General advice is not to admit anything and not to enter into any correspondence unless you are sure the people who impose the penalty charge have a legal right to do so. The council and police do, most private companies (like those that supermarkets use) do not!

Last edited:

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Parking Ticket
Totally agree with you on that one Harem. The amount of times we see cars without a badge is unbelievable.

Jeannie

Martyn

Parking Ticket
There will be a place on the back of the ticket to appeal to. My wife gets them sometimes and she has a disabled stick from the care home she works for. When she takes someone out she uses it. She got one recently because you only get 1h 30mins but double the time if you have a disabled badge but the car park was auto plate recognition and doesn't take disabled into the equation. :crazy:

She got another one recently because she left the timer card upside down. Got off them both by writing. Some places will let you scan the card in and do it by email.

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Parking Ticket
Just to let you all know that i got a letter this morning from the Town and city parking firm that gave me a ticket and you'll never guess what ,I GOT MY MONEY BACK. :114mf:
I wrote to them explaining that the card must have fallen to the floor when i shut the door. I had allready paid them too.
Another bit of good news we had today is that the council are going to put in gas central heating for us.
I wrote them a letter asking for permission to put it in ourselves because of Victor's dissability {very sensitive to cold cos of his nerve damage to his spine}. Got a phone call this morning saying they were going to send up the architect re the central heating.
Anyone else had good news recently?

Jeannie

Parking Ticket
Just to let you all know that i got a letter this morning from the Town and city parking firm that gave me a ticket and you'll never guess what ,I GOT MY MONEY BACK. :114mf:
I wrote to them explaining that the card must have fallen to the floor when i shut the door. I had allready paid them too.
Another bit of good news we had today is that the council are going to put in gas central heating for us.
I wrote them a letter asking for permission to put it in ourselves because of Victor's dissability {very sensitive to cold cos of his nerve damage to his spine}. Got a phone call this morning saying they were going to send up the architect re the central heating.
Anyone else had good news recently?

Jeannie

Yes, but not on your theme.

My daughter who is 13 weeks preggy thought she would not be able to come and visit with her hubby and our 3.5 year old grandson on Sunday for 2 weeks as she is having problems. However, she was told on Monday by her consultant that she can come, can't wait as we've not seen them since May and Skype is not the same as being with them.

Sue

Latest Posts

Top Bottom