Pete&Mag

Panorama Restaurant Geris
We went with friends to this Restarant last night . The views from up there are stunning. We hadn't booked so I suppose we were lucky to get a table.
The strange thing is. . . We have been there 3 times now and each time they have told us that they are very sorry but Chicken is off the menu. It didnt bother me particularly but we find it strange that they always seem to have this problem.
One of our party ordered a lamb Shis and it came with 1 tomatoe, 2 very small green leaves and 3 four inch skewers , each with 4 tiny pieces of lamb about the size of a little fingernail. We asked if there was anything else to come like rice/potatoes or chips and the guy said no. . .thats it! It was more of a starter but it cost 35 TL.
The other 3 meals were equally strange with no veg or salad or rice/potatoes.
It seemed quite strange but because of the setting and lovely evening it was no problem. We would still go again , but would ask if they had chicken before we settled in .
Has anyone else had this at the Panorama?

raine

only ever been for breakfast but this is brill will be going in sept . The veiws are stunning and we also take the donkey some carrots it always just on the hillside

raine

wuwu

I find it to be a lot nicer for breakfast during off season like November December. The damp looking Yalikavak and fresh Turkish Tea :)

The food as you have said is definitely not worth it alone, but the views try to make up for it.

Pete&Mag

only ever been for breakfast but this is brill will be going in sept . The veiws are stunning and we also take the donkey some carrots it always just on the hillside

raine

Carrots for the Donkey. I never thought of that . . . Great idea. I will do that next time. The Donkey will end up better fed than us :smile:

Pete&Mag

The Mezes were nice. 8TL each bowl, but quite large bowls. I future we may just have mezes bread and a beer. They do Tuborg Gold not Efes. I must see if the Donkey answers to 'Trevor'

raine

hi pete the breakfast is good maybe you should try there is lots of food and it just keeps on coming out the donkey does not like tomatoes just carrots I think he is called elvis he keeps singing on top of his voice ha ha

raine

Carol Lee

The Mezes were nice. 8TL each bowl, but quite large bowls. I future we may just have mezes bread and a beer. They do Tuborg Gold not Efes. I must see if the Donkey answers to 'Trevor'

Yes, that's what works best there - loads of Mezes and a few beers/wine and sit back and enjoy the view and the company at your table.

Pete&Mag

Easy to spot from the Yalikavak village side. head out of Yalikavak til you get to the sharp left where there used to be a Gendarma post. another half mile you have Yamacevler Sitesi on left then Yalibuk Evliri on left, then a left turn going up hill sign posted Geris.
From the Gumuskaya side the right turn up the hill is harder to spot. Go past Zeytin Alti Restaurant on right, past Blue Bay Sitesi and Aloe Vera Sitesi on left , anothe 150 metres the turn off is to your right almost back on yourself. If you get to Yalibuk and Yamacevler sitesis, you've goe too far.
It is on Wikimapia.
Go up hill into village. When you see the Mosque on your right, go left up hill. It gets narrow and steep. Follow signs to Panorama Pasandra or ask . everyone knows it. When you cant go any higher . . . you are there. watch out for low cloud cover.:)
She likes people to book so a first visit to see the place a drink and a look at menu or maybe some mezes wold be wise.

Don't forget your carrots for 'Elvis'

Last edited:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Thanks Guys, so the road that forks left on the 'wide road' is it that road that bends round left? Never been upto Geris Des :blink:

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Thanks Guys, so the road that forks left on the 'wide road' is it that road that bends round left? Never been upto Geris Des :blink:

Coming from Yali, after the Cimentepe coast/restaurant road turning to your right, keep on a bit and you go left for Geris, straight on down the hill and up the other side for Gumuskaya. Used to be well sign posted.
Not wishing to confuse you now but you can actually walk to Geris from yours in a straight line across the hill. Done it many a time.

Pete&Mag

Don't listen to a word he says Lesley. If you walked up to Geris on a regar basis , you'd end up with legs like Pit Props.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Don't listen to a word he says Lesley. If you walked up to Geris on a regar basis , you'd end up with legs like Pit Props.

Haha. From Lesleys I reckon its less than a mile walking. Lovely scenery too.

Pete&Mag

I dont know which site Lesley is on , but even a mile at 45 degrees is heavy going . Dont forget Lesley has 3 paces per metre. :16vf:.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
I'm a good walker, but it does take me twice as long as everyone else lol. Going wouldn't be bad Pete, but coming back I could end up rolling down the hill, now that would stop traffic haha.

Thanks both, I know where it is now, and we'll give it a breakfast whirl when we are there.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
I dont know which site Lesley is on , but even a mile at 45 degrees is heavy going . Dont forget Lesley has 3 paces per metre. :16vf:.
Straight line from her hill to the top of Geris hill. Very little up and downing if you know what I mean....

Latest Posts

Top Bottom