Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Panorama Restaurant Geris
just rain here as per ,as it always does in burnley they sell efes in town centre bar so might have to try a few later to watch football would rather be trying the panorama restaurant with one

Never been inside but the views there are very good. We can walk across the hills from ours to get there.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Never been inside but the views there are very good. We can walk across the hills from ours to get there.

Sounds a good plan Des, to go for a brisk early morning walk across the hills, and end up there for breakfast, we're up for a bit of that.

Fuzzy

fuzzy
We've been there many times and really chesish the view. The night-time view is equally amazing. On one occasion we were collected and droppped home - but not sure if they still offer this service.
Oh yes we have lovely memories of being up there with you both...and great pix !!!

Frank&Mary

Sorry to dive into the thread at this point but I became interested in the idea of a walk across the hills to Geris. We have a place in Gumuskaya (Royal Blue sitesi). I have had the occasional walk on the hills but could not locate any particular path or obvious access point (but found plenty of that razor blade thistle stuff). Would you say there is an obvious track to gain access without the need for sliced legs. Any advice or tips on access would be great. Thanks, Frank

philp

sorry for being a bit thick
so from yalikavak go out past the marina and on to Geris Alti then up the hill past cimentepe? to top of the hill? not been any further than there on that road by foot.

where from there.

we often walk from the tennis courts to Geris Alti couple of drinks and a bite to eat then stroll back. would be nice to find this place

anybod help?

thanks
Phil

Ian Shury

Re:

Views are spectacular and lunchtimes are wonderful. Food last year was not that good in the evenings. Hopefully it will improve along with the service, it deserves to for the location. Will try it again this year, never say never

Last edited:

Gazarra

We walk up to Geris every morning when we are there. I have used the restaurant several times in the past, fantastic views but unfortunately the food has always been a disappointment and the wine very expensive and not good quality.
We use a small cafe that is just opposite the mosque for cay or coffee,always a nice welcome and a good place to chat to the locals,if you can manage a little Turkish that is.

Gazarra

gaia Dave

We walk up to Geris every morning when we are there. I have used the restaurant several times in the past, fantastic views but unfortunately the food has always been a disappointment and the wine very expensive and not good quality.
We use a small cafe that is just opposite the mosque for cay or coffee,always a nice welcome and a good place to chat to the locals,if you can manage a little Turkish that is.

Gazarra

They sacked the chef over a year ago now and Muret does the cooking himself.
Give it a try again you might find it a lot better, but i know what you mean about the food being disapointing i was of the same opinion untill they changed chefs and i had one of the best breakfasts in Yalikavak last year, but i have not tried Dinner yet since the change over.
Has anybody been up there for an evening meal in the past year, it would be good to here your views on here!

Dave

northender1

We went up last year in July & had a very good meal at night. We were shown around the garden & there was also a violinist playing as well.
Always go up there during the day when we visit, the views are tremendous, especially with a cold beer in hand.
Will try the breakfast this year, never thought about it.
If you go for lunch/dinner, try the mezes, they're fab & made fresh each day.

Attachments

• P1030707a.JPG
    P1030707a.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 43

Latest Posts

Top Bottom